Vision and Values:
Galvanize campuses are not simply places to work; they are environments of active engagement, learning and growth. We are looking for an experienced and passionate operations leader to fulfill an exciting campus position at Galvanize.
Galvanize is a fast paced, dynamic workplace filled with some of the most innovative startups, successful enterprises, and driven students. As a company scaling up, we are constantly improving on our systems and procedures. We are looking for someone who is an out-of-the-box thinker and who understands the importance of effectively balancing revenue creation, member satisfaction and operational efficiency. Successful Campus Operations Directors provide strategic direction to the campus, drive and grown significant revenue, and through their leadership elicit superior performance from their staff while cultivating an outstanding member experience. We are seeking an experienced professional who loves working in a collaborative environment, is passionate about the future of entrepreneurship, and is hungry to scale and grow Galvanize across two West Coast campuses.
Campus Management, Member Service & Support
- Oversee day to day activities of campus to ensure Galvanize delivers an exceptional, consistent experience for all our student, entrepreneurial and partner members.
- Address escalated issues as they arise and notify General Manager as necessary.
- Hold and lead daily standup meetings with staff to foster an environment of open communication and excellence.
- Regularly connect with campus members and partners to build and maintain relationships and identify future growth and employment opportunities.
- Work with General Manager and Education Director to execute member programming and events for campus and identify and implement improvements in programming.
- Maximize member NPS through leadership, program implementation and a delivering on a culture of outstanding hospitality.
- Lead Cafe team to ensure cafe functions profitably as an exceptional amenity for our members.
- Lead Facilities Manager to ensure campus is well maintained and in good working order.
- Perform duties in all aspects of campus operations whenever needed.
- Maximize revenues and minimize costs to meet or exceed EBITDA budget.
- Prepare campus operations budget and forecasts and explain all budget variances.
- Monitor collection of membership fees, tuition, cafe, event and other income, account receivables and accounts payable.
- Monitor operations purchases to ensure they are within budget.
Sales & Marketing, Revenue Creation & Management
- Lead campus staff to maximize revenue for all product lines, implement corporate initiatives, and grow profitability.
- Manage and grow all campus sales including generation of entrepreneurial member, event, cafe, sponsorship, and enterprise revenue and partnerships.
- Drive entrepreneurial member sales related to strategic and intentional entrepreneurial member programming.
- Establish and manage key relationships to build membership community and enterprise partnerships.
- Coordinate sales and marketing activities for the campus.
- Conduct regular team and department meetings and weekly one on ones with direct reports.
- Coach and mentor campus team to provide direction and inspiration.
- Manage recruiting and onboarding for campus operations staff.
- Ensure all team members are adequately trained and managed.
Facilities Management/Physical Campus Appearance
- Ensure campus is well maintained, clean and the overall appearance is welcoming and inviting to all members and their guests.
- Work with Facilities Manager to establish facilities maintenance and generate ROI from CapEx investment.
Startup & Community Engagement
- Drive and support the Galvanize brand within the startup community.
- Attend events, meetups and other relationship building opportunities to support and expand startup network.
- Leverage relationships and network to grow campus revenue and build Galvanize’s reputation in the local market.
- 5+ years of experience in managing, launching or scaling a business.
- 5+ years of experience in managing a team.
- Demonstrated sales experience.
- Steady presence in a group setting, able to facilitate communication, and models solid judgment.
- Expert at guiding expectation setting, supporting a growth mindset culture, and practicing active listening.
- Ability to distinguish and decide when to act on intuition and emotional intelligence and when to use hard data.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage multiple tasks, and strong attention to detail.
- Prior financial management experience and working knowledge of financial statements.
- Previous hospitality-related industry a plus.
- Passionate about working with tech startups and education, with an established tech/startup network.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Willing and and able to travel between San Francisco and Seattle.
- Evening/weekend availability
Galvanize provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability.