Galvanize is a dynamic learning community for technology. Our community is where people and companies with the guts and smarts to create real-world change congregate and inspire each other. The goal is to make opportunities in technology available to all those with the aptitude, determination, and drive. Across 9 beautifully designed urban campuses, Galvanize offers a unique combination of education, workspace, and networking.
Galvanize is looking for an experienced, energetic Payroll & Benefits Clerk to join our team in this newly created role. Galvanize is a dynamic, high-energy environment fueled by top-performers. If you enjoy a fast-paced, result driven, growth oriented environment, Galvanize is the place for you.
Overview: As part of the Accounting and Finance team, you will process the multi-state payroll using the Paylocity payroll system, help identify existing process weaknesses, recommend and implement improvements to support our continued growth.
Duties include driving completion of Web Time reporting with managers, processing Web Time into Web Pay, preparing payments, processing commission, bonus, and other paychecks. Respond to payroll related inquiries from employees and management and resolve issues, working under limited supervision. This position reports directly to the VP, Controller.
What You’ll Do:
- Utilize Paylocity Web Time and Web Pay to process payroll for multi-state companies accurately and timely
- Prepare payments, process commission, bonus, and other paychecks
- Reconcile benefits participants and process payments to multiple benefits providers
- Respond to payroll related inquiries from employees and management and resolve issues, working under limited supervision
- Perform reconciliations of payroll, benefit, and payroll tax accounts
- Process new hires, terminations, transfers, promotions and wage changes in Intacct accounting system and Paylocity payroll system
- Administer wage garnishments and perform audits
- Research and resolve payroll issues
- Responsible for auditing employee sick and vacation plans - Process payroll tax returns and W2 forms
- Identify existing process weaknesses, recommend and implement improvements to support our continued growth - Assist with special projects assigned by your manager
- High School degree
- Preferred 3 year minimum experience with multi-state payroll experience
- Experience with Paylocity preferred
- Exposure to a mid-market to large ERP preferred (Intacct, Quickbooks, Dynamics GP, Oracle, JD Edwards, etc.)
Galvanize provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.