Hack Reactor @ Galvanize is a program for gifted students of software engineering. In three months, we transform visionary amateurs to coding professionals. Our mission is twofold: to empower people and to transform education through rapid-iteration teaching.
Our employees enjoy a fun, collegial startup environment in a trendy, well-kept space in downtown San Francisco that is genuinely committed to employee health and wellness, and filled with talented, hard-working and fun people. You will be surrounded by friendly, brilliant, and mission-driven professionals who work hard to provide the best student experience of its kind in the world.
Space Operations Associates are the part of the team responsible for the overall space. Generally, this means maintaining its cleanliness, hosting and planning company events, making sure things are always working, and that the day-to-day operations run smoothly and efficiently.
Who you are:
- An incredible worker with a sense of urgency
- A highly organized thinker (and doer!)
- Known for being a reliable person
- Seasoned in delivering a wonderful customer experience
- Equipped with a “no task is too small” attitude
- Intuitive, approachable, fun, and full of energy!
The Work - What you’ll be up to! (responsibilities include the following, but not limited to):
- Making the office look amazing (cleaning, organizing, decorating, tidying, etc.)
- Being a great team player who is willing to share their thoughts and ideas in a safe and constructive manner
- Contributing to a great experience by creating a welcoming space and environment that's easy to navigate for students, staff and visitors
- Organizing, ordering for, and planning events within the space with both staff and students
- Navigating calendars, documentation and messaging in order to communicate accurate info to staff, students, vendors and other individuals inside and outside the organization
- Keeping accurate inventory and communicating orders, updates, and changes
- Being a vital part of documentation for the department and the company
- Using handheld tools (drills, screwdrivers, wrenches, etc.) to maintain a safe and working space
- Must be able to lift 25 - 35 lbs
The Culture - This part’s amazing
- We all work autonomously amongst an amazing group of intelligent and motivated humans, both on and off the operations team
- We uphold space and business that is ever changing and where there are always opportunities to share your thoughts and ideas
- We strive to provide a safe and happy place to launch your career into the land of operations and facilities
- We are a team of hard working and reliable humans with the strong interest in working toward group and individual achievements
The Benefits - Let’s sweeten the deal!
- Competitive hourly rate and benefits
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance available for full-time employees & dependents
- Paid Time-Off + Paid Holidays
- An open and stylish office right in the heart of SOMA
- Discount on courses offered by Galvanize
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
Qualifications - Just a few need-to-haves… and a few nice-to-haves.
- At least 18 years of age
- Have worked as, or aspire to be, an amazing customer support specialist
- Able to perform skilled tasks without direct supervision
- Able to work effectively with people of diverse cultural backgrounds
- Strong teamwork skills, including flexibility of hours
- Strong communication skills, in person and in writing, both internally and externally
- Perfectionism, or at least the desire to do a great job at whatever you do
- Experience with Mac computers, IT, A/V set up
- Experience with Google Apps, Asana, LastPass
- Creative, artistic sensibility
- Full-Time positions available
Hack Reactor @ Galvanize is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or disability.