Galvanize campuses are not simply places to work; they are environments of active engagement, learning and growth. Galvanize is looking for a highly motivated relationship manager and content curator to join our membership team, and drive our campus membership goals and initiatives. Our ideal candidate is a team player and operates at a highly organized and efficient level. Diligent follow up, an ability to tell and sell the Galvanize story, experience building, and managing relationships are must-haves to be successful in the role.
Galvanize is a fast paced, dynamic workplace filled with some of the most innovative startups and driven students. Our ideal candidate is an organized and mission-driven connector with a strong network of startup and enterprise thought leaders.
The Member Success Manager is responsible for managing the delivery of meaningful, strategic programming, including (but not limited to) skills-based workshops & lectures, mentor sessions, networking events and peer learning opportunities. In addition, the role will be responsible for interfacing with members on a daily basis to understand their learning and growth needs and to gather campus-related feedback. This person will integrate this feedback into the campuses programming strategy and ensure other campus-related feedback is conveyed internally to the appropriate parties. This person is a key player in helping to drive leads to the membership sales funnel.
Successful Member Success Managers provide thought leadership, broad network access, and through their efforts cultivate an outstanding and differentiated member experience at Galvanize. We are seeking an experienced professional who loves working in a collaborative environment, thrives in an exciting and evolving company, is passionate about the future of entrepreneurship, and is hungry to scale and grow Galvanize.
Startup & Community Engagement Responsibilities:
- Drive and support the Galvanize brand within the startup community.
- Attend events, meet-ups and other relationship building opportunities to support and expand startup network and drive membership and event leads for Galvanize.
- Serve as the lead relationship manager and trusted advisor, maintaining detailed knowledge of Member needs, company milestones, and growth trajectory.
- Identify Member learning gaps and curate a programming strategy of entrepreneurship educational content directed at the needs of our founders, and their employees.
- Review programming content, including but not limited to topics such as business fundamentals, strategy, brand, communications, marketing & sales, investment, innovation, startup business processes, team & culture, etc.
- Proactively identify opportunities for Member companies to engage across all Galvanize products.
- Actively manage Member profile data systems to ensure opportunities for content recommendation, introductions and hiring needs.
- Maintain and develop network with notable local investors, advisors, thought leaders, sector and functional experts to provide support for Galvanize Members.
- Maintain a pulse on the current (and relevant) technologies in the tech industry and emerging trends.
- Maintain and grow the Galvanize local mentor network; recruit, manage and schedule top mentors to advise members with their startup needs.
- Drive and manage engagement in 1:1 meetings with members to gauge overall satisfaction and needs to refine programming strategy, membership sourcing and internal processes, and work with campus and HQ teams to resolve member concerns.
- Build relationships with local stakeholders and partners to assist with relevant content delivery.
Lead Gen/Brand Awareness Responsibilities:
- Proactively identify the hottest and most relevant trends in tech that will bring new populations of potential members/students/event hosts to Galvanize; leverage relationships and network to support the growth of campus membership and event revenue.
- Proactively develop relationships with *the* technology influencers across all verticals and bring them into Galvanize.
- Hold major programming events regularly (200+ attendees) -- internal or external.
- Ensure the Galvanize pitch is delivered at each onsite event and that representative Galvanize staff are present.
- Drive Salesforce workflow changes with HQ to be able to report on what constitutes effective programming.
- Provide active networking and tabling at meet-ups and conferences, building brand awareness and lead generation for Galvanize.
- Work closely with Membership Manager to close leads via intros, event invites, tours, etc.
- Be proactive in understanding churn and providing action-oriented solutions to the campus team to reduce it.
- Manage member sentiment metrics such as NPS, upgrade rate, programming attendees, lead generation volume, and social media growth.
- Own the identification and creation of member success stories to be shared with the organization and in our marketing materials.
- 3+ years of experience in the startup world (either at a startup or a company engaging in the entrepreneurial ecosystem).Demonstrated entrepreneurial skillset; delivers hustle with a flourish.
- Previous experience in educational programming / events.
- Experience with content curation and responsibility for entrepreneur learning experience; deep understanding of the challenges and needs of growing, early-stage technology companies.
- Experience building relationships with business professionals (C-suite, VP-level, etc.) of varying levels.
- Steady presence in a group setting, able to facilitate communication, and models solid judgment.
- Expert at guiding expectation setting, supporting a growth mindset culture, and practicing active listening.
- Ability to distinguish and decide when to act on intuition and emotional intelligence and when to use hard data.
- Some after hours availability.
- Curiosity in emerging technology trends and entrepreneurial education.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task, and strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Past entrepreneurial pursuits a plus.
- Previous client management or hospitality experience a plus.
- Previous experience with Salesforce a plus.
Galvanize provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.