Campus Sales & Operations Director (San Francisco)
Galvanize campuses are not simply places to work; they are environments of active engagement, learning, and growth. Our campus are filled with members who are transforming their lives, from entrepreneurs scaling up to software engineering and data science students accelerating their careers. We are looking for an experienced and passionate sales and operations leader to fulfill an exciting campus position at Galvanize.
Galvanize is a fast-paced, dynamic workplace filled with some of the most innovative startups and driven students. We are looking for someone who is an out of the box thinker who understands the importance of effectively balancing revenue creation, member satisfaction, and operational efficiency. Successful Campus Operations Directors provide sales leadership and strategic direction to the campus to cultivate an outstanding member experience. We are seeking an experienced professional who loves working in a collaborative environment, is passionate about the future of entrepreneurship, and is hungry to scale and grow Galvanize.
Campus Management, Member Service & Support
- Oversee day-to-day activities of campus to ensure Galvanize delivers an exceptional, consistent experience for all our student, entrepreneurial, and partner members.
- Serve as key revenue driver for membership, event and cafe revenue.
- Hold and lead daily standup meetings with staff to foster an environment of open communication and excellence.
- Regularly connect with campus members and partners to build and maintain relationships and identify future growth and employment opportunities.
- Work with VP/Community and leadership team to execute member programming and events for campus and identify and implement improvements in programming.
- Maximize member NPS through leadership, program implementation, and delivering on a culture of outstanding hospitality.
- Lead Community / Facility team to ensure campus is well maintained and in good working order.
- Perform duties in all aspects of campus operations whenever needed.
- Maximize revenues and minimize costs to meet or exceed EBITDA budget.
- Prepare campus operations budget and forecasts and explain all budget variances.
Sales & Marketing, Revenue Creation & Management
- Drive membership revenue and lead campus staff to maximize revenue for all product lines including but not limited to membership, events and partnerships.
- Innovate and grow entrepreneurial member sales related to entrepreneurial member programming.
- Establish and manage key relationships to build membership community and partnerships both locally and nationally.
- Manage community team for membership, events and cafe and work closely with education leadership to foster a professional, inclusive environment.
- Coordinate training and leadership with HQ leadership and ensure all team members are adequately trained and managed.
Facilities Management/Physical Campus Appearance
- Ensure campus is well maintained, clean, and the overall appearance is welcoming and inviting to all members and their guests.
Startup & Community Engagement
- Drive and support the Galvanize brand within the startup community.
- Attend events, meet-ups, and other relationship building opportunities to support and expand startup network.
- Leverage relationships and network to grow campus revenue.
- 4+ years of sales or sales management experience
- 4+ years of experience in managing a team, launching, or scaling a business.
- 4 year college degree preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Expert at guiding expectation setting, supporting a growth mindset culture, and practicing active listening.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage multiple tasks, and strong attention to detail.
- Prior financial management experience and working knowledge of financial statements.
- Previous hospitality-related industry a plus.
- Passionate about working with tech startups and education.
- Established tech/startup network.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Evening/weekend availability as needed
Galvanize provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.