Remote Job - Work from Home or on a Galvanize Campus
Galvanize is a dynamic learning community for technology. Our community is where people and companies with the guts and smarts to create real-world change congregate and inspire each other. Our goal is to make opportunities in technology available to all those with the aptitude, determination and drive. Across our beautifully designed urban campuses nationwide, we offer a unique combination of education, workspace and networking.
We are growing our data science instructional team at Galvanize. Our Instructors train technical professionals with programming experience to solve data science problems utilizing innovative educational techniques. We’re looking for passionate educators and practical problem solvers with demonstrated flexibility and curiosity.
Join us in building the world's hub for education in data science and data engineering.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The ideal candidate is a Galvanize Data Science graduate or equivalent industry experience.
Galvanize is seeking people with Python and Stats/Probability skills to help guide students into the world of data science as the instructor-mentor for students in our Premium prep program.
This program has full-time and part-time (evening) options. Full-time cohorts run 9:30am - 5:30pm PST, while our part-time cohort is scheduled for March 25 - April 25th, M-Th 6:30-9:30pm PST and one Saturday 9:30am - 4:30pm PST.
Your main task will be to lead stand-ups and stand-downs, and to help students problem solve through the course via Slack and Zoom. You will work closely with the Galvanize prep team to ensure our students are supported in their learning journey.
- Must have a Data Science background either as a profession or current alumni from Galvanize Data Science program.
- Are interested in building a positive, supportive relationship with our students.
- Act as the lead instructor over Zoom and on Slack during class hours
- Fostering a sense of community within your cohort
- Working through and gaining familiarity with Prep curriculum
- Iterating existing processes and sharing with the wider mentorship team
- Participating in Galvanize-led mentor training sessions
- Working with Galvanize to ensure the overall success of our Premium Prep program
- Full time program: M-F 9:30am-5:30pm PST (excluding holidays)
- Part Time program: (M-Th 6:30pm - 9:30pm PST and one Saturday 9:30am - 4:30pm PST)
Feel free to contact Faisal Jama with any questions at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Galvanize provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status