Our Baristas serves as the frontline of our member, student, and guest experience. They personally connect with, laugh with, and uplift the lives of our guests – even if just for a few moments. Their work goes beyond handcrafting a perfectly made latte or prepping items meticulously; it’s about creating a human connection with every customer.
- Prepare and serve coffee beverages and speciality drinks consistently by adhering to all recipe standards, while also delivering exceptional customer service
- Be knowledgeable and enthusiastic about coffee, tea and drink preparation and products
- Assist with setup, cleanup, stock work and handling of food items.
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards.
- Represent Galvanize in a professional and hospitable manner, and help to maintain positive company morale.
- Maintain a high level of motivation to ensure quality and consistent product
- Prepare coffee catering orders as needed & assist with events.
- Routinely clean the front of house area - including, but not limited to floors, taking out trash, dishes and operating the business without assistance.
- Support the building and event staff in maintaining a clean, courteous, and hospitable environment
Qualifications & Required Knowledge:
- 0-1 year experience in a barista role/hospitality preferred
- The ability to communicate clearly and professionally with customers and coworkers
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and embrace working a flexible schedule
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to build relationships
- Exceptional verbal communication skills
Galvanize provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.