Versus is looking for a Lead DevOps Engineer who will help own and lead the infrastructure and operations of the Versus platform using Kubernetes and Google Cloud. You must have a strong background in building and scaling applications and maintaining high-quality and high-velocity continuous integration and delivery pipelines.
You will be part of the team that is working on continuing to build efficient infrastructure and operations pipelines supporting the teams of engineers on Kubernetes and Google Cloud. You will partner with the engineering team to ensure that tooling, logging, monitoring, and application scaling works to support the product and our game integrations. You will also be part of the team working to define best way to handle monitoring, notification, NOC, and live support. Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
Continuing to build our backend infrastructure on Google Cloud and Kubernetes
Working on security and penetration testing to secure the Versus platform from information security threats
Playing a key role in defining and owning the CI and CD pipelines for software delivery
Working closely with the QA and Engineering teams to build tools to support scalable software development and testing
Be on call for technical operations and support
YOU'LL HAVE . . .
- 5+ years of infrastructure experience
- 3+ years of experience working in cloud based environments
- A solid understanding of infrastructure as a service, and micro service architectures
- Expertise in Kubernetes, preferably on Google Cloud Engine
- Experience with Postgres, Memcache and building databases to handle high volume and high load
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team with limited supervision
- Solid experience with Linux and system administration
THEY'D LOVE TO SEE . . .
- Expertise with configuration management using Helm, and Kubernetes
- Experience working on end-to-end smoke tests and load tests
ABOUT VERSUS SYSTEMS
At Versus our mission is to make games more fun - not once, but over and over. We value diversity & inclusion, empathy for our colleagues and our partners, and curiosity to explore and learn new things.
We offer competitive salaries, equity packages, medical, dental, vision, 401K matching, flexible hours, paid maternity and paternity leave, and paid vacation time that we encourage you to actually take.
OUR CLIENT OFFERS:
- Competitive compensation and equity packages
- Healthcare and medical benefits
- Unlimited paid vacation
- Flexible work day schedule, built around core hours
- Matched 401(K)