Our client with offices in Seattle, WA is seeking an experienced Senior Data Engineer who is passionate about data processing and data governance. Their services provide micro-payments experience across 187 countries, changing the way people earn, anywhere, at any time, from any device.
You will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment and work with cross-functional teams to design, build and deploy data processing pipeline that deliver on the Storm vision and strategy. This person will report to the VP of Engineering and interface with the CTO and other members of the leadership team.
Who you are:
- You have high standards, and the ability able to deliver quality code under pressure.
- Highly technical. Your code is robust, scalable, and performs well. You have strong understanding of computer science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, and algorithms.
- Team player. You enjoy collaborating with and learning from your teammates.
- Self-motivated. You drive to deliver.
- Team builder -- assist with hiring, recruiting and interviewing new development team candidates. Mentor others and share knowledge.
- Continuous learning. You believe in and regularly demonstrate the principle of constantly acquiring new skills and knowledge for yourself and others.
What our client is looking for:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in an appropriate field of study such as information systems, computer science, or data sciences.
- 5+ years of experience as a data engineer, creating ETL processes and designing data warehouses.
- Detail-oriented person who can effectively collaborate others in a team environment.
- Fluent with Linux scripting languages such as Bash and Perl.
- Experience working in an agile environment with a clear demonstrable understanding of the best practices involved with agile.
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project - this means the ability to scope out estimates and resourcing needed accurately, and communicate the status of any workstream or deliverable to the appropriate team members proactively.
- Experience in proactively communicating with users, other technical teams and management to collect requirements, identify tasks, provide estimates and meet production deadlines.
- Experience with professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations.
- Salary commensurate with experience.