Our client with offices in SF and NYC is looking for a Data Scietist and product owner with a quantitative background to define financial indexes that are tailored to the blockchain/crypto space. The owner will define the indexes, run statistical analysis, and iterate on their definition. We are looking for someone with market finance experience (or acumen), stats background, and a good understanding of blockchain technology.
You will work closely with the CEO and the data science team.
The ideal candidate:
- understands market finance and has trading experience
- has a statistics background and is fluent in python for data analysis
- has a good understanding of blockchain transactions
- understands the role and the operations of the main crypto financial institutions and the different financial institutions
- is data driven, excellent at prioritizing, and communicates sharply
- is good at listing out assumptions and validate/invalidate them quickly with little resources
- hussles her/his way
The responsibilities of the candidate will be to:
- define indexes
- refine indexes based on statistical analysis and client inputs
- build a compelling pitch and present to prospect clients
- perform ad hoc market research
Note: Our client is open to recruit both in the Bay area and NYC depending on the profile of the candidate.