WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR . . .
Versus is looking for an Android developer to help us change the gaming industry. You’ll work with our game development partners to build, integrate, and customize the Versus in-game prizing platform. The Versus platform is a custom white-label solution allowing game developers and brand partners to offer unique, prize-based matches to their players. Playing games for real prizes will change how video games are played - and you’re going to help us do it.
We're a fast-growing team with a strong product focus. We value collaboration and creativity - every single engineer, product designer, and member of our team contributes to the roadmap of the company.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING . . .
As an integration engineer you will become an expert in our technology and a go-to resource for internal teams and Versus’ partners. You’ll work alongside our development partners to integrate Versus directly into their games. As an engineer working on custom integrations you will help define the future vision for developer focused tools, SDKs, libraries, and/or plugins to integrate Versus in to the games of our partners.
This is an amazing opportunity for anyone who loves working on games and gets excited about being on the bleeding edge of prize-based gaming. Your work will help our partners leverage Versus to maximize player engagement and make their games more fun.
WE NEED . . .
- Strong programming, architecture, and development skills
- Significant experience in Unity or Unreal and the ability to extend and customize the engine’s functionality
- 3+ years professional experience with client-server development with REST or RPC based APIs and real time servers (TCP/UDP, Websockets)
- A strong understanding of asynchronous and event based programming
- Autonomy and self motivation with a ‘get it done’ attitude
- A knowledge of how to build 2D UI systems in Unity uGUI or NGUI, Unreal UMG or similar
- An excitement to help, teach, and mentor those around you
- Great communication and team-work skills and experience collaborating with other developers via version control and bug tracking
WE WOULD LOVE TO SEE . . .
- Experience working on building game servers and real-time multi-player systems
- Knowledge of Flash and AS3
- Proficiency with 3D tools, e.g. 3ds Max, Maya
- Engine-level development or rendering pipeline development with OpenGL/Direct3D or similar
At Versus our mission is to make games more fun - not once, but over and over. We value diversity & inclusion, empathy for our colleagues and our partners, and curiosity to explore and learn new things.
We offer competitive salaries, equity packages, medical, dental, vision, 401(K) matching, flexible hours, paid maternity and paternity leave, and paid vacation time that we encourage you to actually take.
Competitive compensation and equity packages
Healthcare and benefits
Unlimited paid vacation
Flexible work day schedule
Opportunity to work with a talented engineering team