Our Client in Little Tokyo is looking for a Systems Engineer who will join the optical tracking and video capture team. Responsibilities include software development, networking, performance optimization, and camera and server solutions research for real-time applications.
The Ideal Candidate Has . . .
- 5-6 years systems software engineering experience
- Embedded systems and/or real-time programming experience
- Solution design involving hardware and software
- C/C++ systems level programming
- Experience with Linux systems internals, kernel modules, kernel tuning, boot loaders
- Familiarity with concurrency primitives: threads, locking, mutexes
- Networking: routing, High MTU / Jumbo Frames, TCP, UDP, IGMP / multicast, fiber, ethernet, bandwidth, VPN, equipment and throughput constraints
- Experience authoring and deploying production ready code
- Ability to find creative solutions to hardware and software challenges around low-latency, high-reliability video delivery
- Site reliability engineering: metrics, monitoring, incident response, post-mortem analysis
- Live systems support and monitoring
- Evening and weekend on-call rotation for video capture during professional sports seasons
WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE . . .
- GPU (CUDA) experience
- Hardware programming experience
- Interest in cameras, lenses and optics
- Interest in camera/video system technologies: PTP2, RTMP, RTSP, SDI, GigE Vision, CoaXPress, GenLock, IRIG-B
- Video compression experience (h.264, h.265, VP8, VP9)
- Audio compression experience (AAC, mp3)
- CI/CD experience
- Nvidia Docker
- AWS: Serverless / cloud computing
- Puppet, chef, or ansible
- Scripting in bash, python, or ruby
As a general approach, we interview for aptitude over specific technologies or languages. However, you will be expected to speak to anything listed on your resume/CV.