Ruby on Rails Software Engineer
Framework Science is looking for a software engineer with a background in application services development to work with an assortment of clients focused primarily in the E-Commerce space.
We work with a number of high-growth clients in evolving industries making for an exciting, challenging work environment where problem solvers thrive. We are creating the tools and providing the insights
our clients need to succeed, working as integrated partners in driving growth and profitability.
- Perform research, design, development, and maintenance of data integration and analysis scripts written in Ruby and SQL
- Work with stakeholders to provide development effort estimates; actively participate in the project design and planning meetings
- Solving business-critical problems with your available toolset and expanding that toolset to take on more challenging and unique opportunities
- Design and development of Web UI application
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 3 - 6 years of working experience
- Strong working knowledge/experience in Ruby and Ruby on Rails
- Knowledge/Experience with Active Record is a must
- Strong working knowledge/experience in RESTful APIs
- Strong working knowledge/experience testing and validating code
- Working knowledge/experience in SQL (Postgres, Redshift)
- English Speaking - 75% or above
- Able to travel to the US
- Computer science or software development degree or equivalent work experience
Ruby on Rails Domain - be able to answer questions in the following topics.
- Active Record
- Miscellaneous: Performance, Cache, Databases