Fuzz is looking for an experienced backend engineer to serve as the lead backend engineer on a multidisciplinary product team growing out our digital ordering ecosystem. S/he will be responsible for the strategy and development of the backend tools & systems that serve as the foundation for the platform, working closely with product managers, designers, and a cross-platform engineering team to define the short and long-term vision for the product.
At Fuzz, backend engineers are inspired problem solvers, compelled by the challenge of building the framework upon which all well-engineered solutions rest. With a focus on creating products that are built to perform, they understand that a one-size-fits-all approach to programming is limiting, and so are always learning, always optimizing, and always looking to drive industry standards forward.
What we're looking for:
* 4+ years of experience.
* Object-oriented programming & frameworks expertise, PHP or equivalent - Laravel a plus
* Strong desire to document, test, and automate every aspect of development workflow.
* Strong collaborators, excited and motivated by the teams around them.
* Have DevOps experience with AWS or similar cloud provider
* Attention to detail in all things.
Even better if you:
* Are familiar with the principles of RESTful web service architecture.
* Have a comprehensive understanding of design patterns.
* Know what it takes to build web applications, not websites.
If you have what it takes to make the hard stuff look easy, especially when it's not, send us your Git or LinkedIn.
Located in Williamsburg, BK, Fuzz builds mobile-first digital products that work to better the lives of users and our client partners. Fuzz offers comprehensive benefits, catered meals, 401k match, wellness initiatives, flexible work schedule, and an unlimited PTO policy.
*Fuzz is dedicated to hiring a diverse and highly skilled talent base and as such is committed to EEO practices. Fuzz provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.*