Full Stack Finance offers a complete, end-to-end range of financial and human resources (HR) related services to early stage and high growth companies. We embed a team of experienced finance & accounting and HR professionals directly into the operations of the company. Because of this, we are a vertically-integrated and very versatile business partner for companies experiencing high growth. We can only provide amazing partnerships by hiring talented professionals who are ready to ride the waves and help companies focus on the growth of their businesses.
The Controller reports directly to the Co-Founders and contributes management level accounting expertise, supporting clients at the Controller level. The Controller oversees accounting staff and provides financial information about company activities that will assist the client and its shareholders in making economic company decisions. This is a leadership position that is proactive and solution oriented, offering depth of experience to our clients in the fast-paced world of start-up accounting.
- Oversee the activities of the accounting department for clients - accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements and annual audits and annual budgets.
- Accounting policies & procedures including: Accounting/ERP system selection/implementation, Setup Cash Flow, Capitalization Policy, Prepaid Recognition Policy, Stock Management solution, New initiatives (brick and mortar, credits, gift cards, etc.)
- Managing of finance relationships with Vendors, Banks, Corporate Credit Cards, and Merchant Processors
- Holds Signer responsibilities including: Signing checks/Sending payments and Signing credit applications
- Cash Flow projection including: Updating cash flow projections and communicating cash flow position
- Revenue & COGS including: Ensuring proper margin recognition, Reconciling/Recording transactions (Sales, Deferrals, Accruals, Returns, Discounts, Write-offs), Monitoring Sales Orders (wholesale)
- Inventory Management including: Good understanding of Inventory, Reconciling inventory (Physical, Sub to GL), Accruals, Samples, GWP, Inventory adjustments, Obsolescence, Monitor POs
- Preparation of Budget vs. Actuals, Preparing narrative and Departmental views/meetings
- HR policies & procedures including: Implementation of HRIS system, payroll provider, benefits offering, administration of forms
- Stock Management including: Cap Table management, administering option agreements, recording stock-based compensation, Early exercise
- Valuation including managing 409A process and facilitating requests from valuation firm
- Overseeing and implementing insurance coverage including Cyber, EPLI, D&O, GL, Workers Comp, Key Man etc.
- Taxes including managing tax return process, facilitating requests from tax preparer, Tax firm correspondence
- Audit (if required) including: Managing audit process and facilitating requests from audit firm
- FSF Operations including: Process and Procedure, Recruiting, Interviewing, Team building, Career development, Learning Center
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 7+ years of accounting experience in a fast-paced environment
- Must have 2+ years of start-up experience
- 1+ years management experience
- Sophisticated depth of communication, analytical, and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task efficiently from a remote work environment
- Maintain high attention to detail and strict deadlines
- Advanced knowledge of QB and Microsoft suite, especially excel
Join Our Team
- We offer a generous benefits package - medical, dental, vision, 401k match
- We believe in work / balance and offer a generous PTO policy
- Work with a smart, fun and collaborative team
- We enjoy having frequent company gatherings and events
- Work with the hottest startups in the industry
About Full Stack Finance
Full Stack Finance embeds teams of experienced, Accounting & Finance and Human Resources professionals within Startups and high growth businesses according to their operating needs. We aren’t just an Accounting & HR firm – we act as a startup's Finance & Accounting and/or HR Department, giving them a breadth and depth of services similar to in-house personnel but at a lower cost. We offer integrated and seamless scalable support, because we know that many things can change over short periods of time.