1st Floor, 736 Broughton Street, Victoria, BC (Head Office)
Number of Positions:
Contract or Permanent - open to both!
Commensurate with experience.
We're looking for a talented .Net Developer to join an existing project team at our Head Office in Victoria. Your primary responsibility is building complex dynamic business web applications and web services in .NET using a variety of frameworks and libraries.
You live, breathe, dream in .Net, and are not only aware of best practices, but preach them to fellow-team members. You know how to estimate work units, how to manage the agile development process, and how to get the most out of your teams.
As a Software Developer, you are responsible for setting up the technical architecture of different client projects and troubleshoot code related issues when needed. You motivate and coach team members and understand different character types and how to create a unified team.
- Development of dynamic business web applications in .NET using a variety of frameworks and libraries;
- Adhering to Agile methodologies for the Software Development Lifecycle;
- Advising viable solutions to processes, technology, and interfaces that improve the effectiveness of the team and reducing technical debt;
- Staying up to date on new software technologies and best practices;
- Analyzing user stories and software requirement documents to provide recommendations in terms of the technology stack and cost/time estimates;
- Understanding technical architecture and writing software and automated tests, aligned with agreed-upon standards;
- Designing, building, and maintaining efficient, reusable, and reliable code.
Need to Haves:
- 5+ years as a .Net Developer in a professional setting;
- A completed or in progress certificate, diploma, BS/MS in Computer Science or related discipline;
- Experience designing and developing using SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle or any other databases;
- Experience with Microsoft Entity framework;
- Experience in cloud platforms like Azure, AWS, Google Cloud, or equivalent;
- Experience with Microsoft Communications Foundation;
- Experience with Service-Oriented Architecture;
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools like GIT, TFS (VSTS), SVN;
- Experience with Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) implementation;
- Experience with structured frameworks such as MVC 4 or later, log4net, NUnit, Entity and Fluent;
- Experience in working in an Agile environment;
- Legal working status in Canada - please note that we do not have resources to sponsor work permits.
Nice to Haves:
- Demonstrated experience developing complex websites and web-based business applications in .NET, experience with other programming languages such as Java, PHP or ColdFusion an asset;
- Experience working in other web development languages;
- Experience working directly with clients to gather requirements, explain technical restraints and execute their vision accordingly.