Contract - multiple opportunities available with varying skill requirements, contract durations and weekly capacities between 10h-40h/week
Commensurate with experience - feel free to include your hourly rate on your resume; we love transparency!
We are growing quickly and are looking for multiple talented Software Developers to assist our development teams in a variety of projects based in Victoria, BC.
As a Software Developer, you should feel comfortable with the latest programming technologies and have experience with software development best practices. You know how to estimate work units, how to manage the agile development process, and how to get the most out of your teams.
As a Software Developer, you are responsible for setting up the technical architecture of different client projects and troubleshoot code related issues when needed. You motivate and coach team members and understand different character types and how to create a unified team.
- Adhering to Agile methodologies for the Software Development Lifecycle, and acting as a Scrum Master when applicable;
- Advising viable solutions to processes, technology, and interfaces that improve the effectiveness of the team and reducing technical debt;
- Staying up to date on new software technologies and best practices;
- Analyzing user stories and software requirement documents to provide recommendations in terms of technology stack and cost/time estimates;
- Understanding technical architecture and writing software and automated tests, aligned with agreed upon standards.
Need to Haves:
- 3 to 30+ years of overall professional web development experience; come one, come all!
- Experience with SQL and NOSQL database like MongoDB; ability to develop RESTful APIs;
- Strong communication skills; you can dive deep into technical discussions and have a genuine desire to contribute and support the transfer of knowledge and ideas;
- Legal working status in Canada, please note that we do not have resources to sponsor work permits
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with softwares like MS Dynamics, Sales Forces and/or SharePoint;
- Experience setting up database architecture/models/schemas ;
- Experience working on projects within the public sector;
- Understanding of the RFP procurement process;
- Certified Scrum Master training.