736 Broughton Street, Victoria, BC
Number of Positions:
Commensurate with experience.
We are growing faster than your last Chia Pet and are looking for a passionate Operations Coordinator to join our company of 65+ employees. As the first full-time operations/finance role, you will be the right-hand person to our COO/CFO. Your responsibilities will include assisting with all things operational, but most importantly, you will bring the right combination of experience and confidence to improve on our existing operational workflows. Daily tasks could include invoicing clients, chasing down candidates for signed NDA’s and basic bookkeeping tasks.
You have experience anticipating the needs of the team and taking financial and administrative tasks off the plates of executives with confidence and ease. Your organizational skills are beyond comparison and with dozens of bills or client-follow-up conversations to track every day, your attention to detail and consistency is paramount to your success. Your parents had a weird sense of humour because ownership, reliability, and accountability are your middle names.
The sky is the limit in terms of growth on our team; show us how much you’d like to take on and we’ll make sure you’re doing more than simply keeping the books. If you are great at what you do, there will always be a place for you to thrive and grow at FreshWorks.
- Full cycle accounting - A/R. A/P and all related activities;
- Prepare, send, and follow up on invoices with high profile clients;
- Post, pay and reconcile A/P obligations in a timely manner;
- Maintain sound records and monitor expenses;
- Reconcile credit cards and bank accounts;
- Treasury work - ensuring credit cards are paid on time;
- Follow up on missing receipts or documentation;
- Maintain orderly accounting files;
- Respond to client and team member payment inquiries;
- Post transactions to Xero from all credit cards and bank accounts;
- Assist in assembling information and documents for annual audits;
- Process bi-weekly payroll for full-time employees and contractors using a variety of payment software as needed;
- Reimburse team members for out of pocket expenses as per FreshWorks’ policies;
- Track department spending in order to forecast future budget needs;
- Assistance with financial planning, reporting, and budgeting;
- Schedule external meetings for executives;
- Assist with team resourcing and project tracking;
- Build relationships with clients from both the public and private sectors;
- Provide additional clerical and administrative support as needed.
Need to Haves
- Minimum of 1-year experience as an Executive Assistant, Office Administrator or Bookkeeper, in an office environment working closely with Senior Executives and general team members - co-op experience counts too!;
- Experience tracking accounts payable and accounts receivable, payroll, expense reimbursements and budgeting;
- Knowledge of advanced word processing, spreadsheets, data retrieval and reporting;
- Strong service quality experience with excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal);
- Flexible and self-motivated with strong organizational, multitasking, and administrative skills;
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality;
- Pinpoint accuracy and attention to detail - we need to know EXACTLY where that piece of spinach in our teeth is;
- Legal working status in Canada, please note that we do not have resources to sponsor work permits.
Nice to Haves
- Experience in professional services industry like - IT, consulting, law, etc.;
- Experience setting up accounting systems and processes, not just following them;
- Familiarity with any of the following software: Xero, ReceiptBank, Expensify, Wagepoint, Plooto or similar accounting systems;
- Working knowledge of G-Suite programs;
- An understanding of challenges that affect growth-stage companies (bonus if within the tech space!)
- Cover letter;
- Mandatory writing sample.
*Writing Sample Topic:
Please craft an email to a client reminding them about an overdue invoice and creating an action plan to ensure timely payment.
to learn more about our benefits and culture.*If you're a recent grad, please include your transcript in your application