Commensurate with experience.
You’re a tenacious Technical Project Manager with a strong technical background. Your primary responsibility is to lead your project teams, maintain positive relationships with clients, and ensure that work is carried out efficiently and professionally.
As a Technical Project Manager, you’re a champion for Agile best-practices and double as a Scrum Master in leading daily stand-ups, sprint planning, backlog grooming, and retros. You know the Agile Manifesto like the back of your hand but are flexible in adjusting your processes to fit your project team and clients’ needs and manage budgets, timelines and client expectations with ease.
“Poise” and “Patience” are your middle names as you navigate vouching for your project teams while balancing fulfilling clients’ expectations. You understand the challenges and triumphs that come with a growing team and are as comfortable wearing multiple hats as you are going with the flow. You love a challenge, thrive in a fast-paced environment and remain cool as a cucumber no matter the challenge at hand.
- Coordinate all aspects of project delivery, including defining project scope, specifying deliverables, managing project budget, creating project charters and schedules, managing scope change requests, and estimating project timelines, effort and costs;
- Ensuring project success by driving day to day operations through sound project management principles and methodologies;
- Maintain detailed status and project log reports on each project to present to IT Managers and Project Stakeholders;
- Exercise independent judgement in analysis and problem solving on highly complex problems, challenging guidelines when necessary;
- Use advanced project management tools, such as JIRA and Confluence;
- Act as a primary liaison between clients and team members.
Need to Haves
- Strong writing, presentation, analytical skills as well as supreme attention to detail;
- Experience as a Developer, Manager or Coordinator in the tech sector;
- A deep understanding of the SDLC and software best practices;
- Proven champion of Agile and Scrum methodologies;
- Ability to lead the project planning process to ensure each team has a prioritized list of stories and epics in a timely fashion;
- Exhibits critical thinking, creative problem solving, and willingness to learn new tools for effective client communication;
- Provides clear communication with end-users; interpreting and understanding their needs while explaining technical information in business terms;
- Experience using modern project management tools like JIRA, Confluence, MS Project, etc.
- Legal working status in Canada, please note that we do not have resources to sponsor work permits.
Nice to Haves
- Experience leading projects with international team members;
- Certified Scrum Master Training or experience acting as a Scrum Master within a project team;
- Understanding of the RFP procurement process.
Click here to learn more about our benefits and culture.