Power BI Developer
Victoria, BC preferable, but open to remote with availability to travel to Victoria occasionally
Number of Positions:
Full-Time, Permanent or 1-year Contract (open to either)
Commensurate with experience.
We are growing quickly and are looking for a talented Power BI Developer to join an existing project team. We are open to hiring for either a permanent position, as long as you have additional skills to bring to the table, or a 1-year contract if preferred.
As a Power BI Developer, you have a strong familiarity with data warehouse systems and have experience contributing to enterprise data warehouse development, maintenance and enhancement using the MS Platform (SQL Server, SRSS, Power BI). You have built reporting systems through evaluation, design, development and automation of reporting processes and are a stickler about writing unit tests to support your code quality. You are a strong collaborator and have a track record of building lasting relationships with stakeholders.
- Developing custom Power BI reports and dashboards to visualize complex data relationships.
- Creating and executing unit tests for reports and dashboards.
- Conducting data profiling activities to understand data relationships and quality of data.
- Developing complex queries, views and stored procedures to support BI visualizations.
- Leveraging version control systems (such as Git and Subversion) to manage the source code.
Need to Haves:
- 5+ years Business Intelligence development experience with a primary focus on Microsoft technologies (MS Power BI, SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, IIS)
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio and Microsoft Entity Framework
- Experience with RESTful Web Services and OpenAPI Specifications
- Ability to communicate effectively with both business and technical stakeholders as well as executive leadership.
Nice to Haves
- Experience with testing tools such as Microsoft Visual Studio Unit Testing Framework
- Experience with issue tracking, sprint planning, release management and backlog management
- Using Apache Subversion or GIT for version control and Jenkins for automated and continuous deployment
- Experience working in an Agile Environment