Open to both contract and permanent
Commensurate with experience - feel free to include your hourly rate on your resume; we love transparency!
We are growing quickly and are looking for multiple talented Senior Business Analyst to assist our development teams in a variety of projects based in Victoria, BC.
Business Analysts create and document requirements, including use cases, user stories, process models, and software requirements specifications documents. You take leadership roles in gathering project requirements and working with clients to formulate and solidify their ideas.
As a Business Analyst, you play a large role in formulating the technology road map, including identifying and proposing technology solutions and ideas. You need to be comfortable spotting technical constraints and discussing them in detail with the client.
- Analyze business problems of our clients and help formulate technology roadmap;
- Identify and propose technology solutions viable to the business case;
- Conduct meetings/facilitated workshops to elicit both functional and technical requirements;
- Analyze and decompose complex business requirements;
- Spot technical constraints to the proposed solutions;
- Prepare user stories, software requirement documents, and other required functional specifications;
- Document processes and make recommendations for improvement;
- Manage a knowledge management plan to ensure project knowledge is transitioned to operational resources.
Need to Haves
- 5+ years of overall professional BA experience;
- Experience leading requirements gathering, creating documentation and initiating processes;
- A tech background and/or understanding/experience in SDLC;
- Experience working in an Agile environment;
- Legal working status in Canada, please note that we do not have resources to sponsor work permits.
Nice to Haves
- Experience in some area of development, preferably web and/or mobile;
- Experience working on projects within the public sector;
- Experience with Jira;
- Understanding of the RFP procurement process.
Click here to learn more about our benefits and culture.