We are growing quickly and are looking for an experienced Technical Project Manager to add to our Project Management team of 4 people. Your primary responsibility is to lead the project team, maintain positive relationships with clients (internal and external), and making sure that work is carried out efficiently and professionally. You will conduct follow-ups with clients and developers to ensure that projects are delivered on time and within budget and to the satisfaction of the client.
As a Technical Project Manager, you possess a well-rounded background in both business and IT, including experience in innovating, starting up or operating in a software services business unit. You ideally hold experience in related areas of software project management and fit into a high performance culture that sets standards and applies quality control. You enjoy working on multiple fast-paced projects with hard deadlines and constant change, as well as have a strong drive for advancing your skills to achieve excellence.
As a Technical Project Manager, you are able to motivate project teams to meet deadlines, which can include asking them to work overtime into evenings and weekends. You can can read the stress of the team and communicate needs to management.
- Coordinate the organization of project activities, ensuring that projects are completed on time and within budget;
- Coordinate all aspects of project delivery, including: defining project scope, specifying deliverables, estimating project timelines, effort and costs, managing project budget, creating project charters, schedules, and managing scope change requests;
- Ensuring project success by driving day to day operations through sound project management principles and methodologies;
- Use advanced project management tools, such as JIRA and Confluence;
- Maintain detailed status and project log reports on each project to present to IT Managers and Project Stakeholders;
- Exercise independent judgement in analysis and problem solving on highly complex problems, challenging guidelines when necessary;
- Act as a primary liaison between team members.
Need to Have
- Strong writing, presentation, and analytical skills with attention to detail
- Deep understanding of software best practices when it comes to user flow and choice of technology
- Experience in use of modern project management tools like JIRA, Confluence, MS Project, etc.
- Drives best practices within software development processes to ultimately release products to customers successfully
- Proven champion and pragmatist of Agile methodologies
- Ability to work with our design, architecture, and development teams to ensure they are operating efficiently. Eliminate the hurdles they may face and lead the planning process to ensure each team has prioritized list of stories and epics in timely fashion
- Exhibits critical thinking, creative problem solving, and willingness to learn new tools for effective client communication
- Provides clear communication with end-users; interpretation and understanding their needs while explaining technical information in business terms
- Legal working status in Canada, please note that we do not have resources to sponsor work permits