Number of Positions:
Commensurate with experience.
We are growing quickly and are looking for a talented React Developer to add to our Web Development team at our Head Office in Victoria. Your primary responsibility is to ensure that the performance, quality, and responsiveness of web applications is up to FreshWorks’ standards of excellence.
As a React Developer, you are proficient with React and Redux, and have a good understanding of SQL database structure, particularly using MySQL & Postgresql. You might work with back-end services like Firebase or consume custom RESTful APIs in PHP, Python or Golang. You have experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning, as well as a strong grasp of CSS and/or SCSS, and be comfortable using UI frameworks as necessary.
As a React Developer, you are responsible for deploying our web applications to cloud providers like Azure, AWS; working experience with Docker and the command line is preferred. You have a strong understanding of encryption and other security best practices. FreshWorks has contracts with both private and public sector clients, and our web team uses their knowledge of secure networking and storage to keep our client data safe.
- Analyze business problems of our clients and help formulate technology roadmap;
- Identify and propose technology solutions viable to the client needs;
- Collaborate with other web experts and address business, technical, and logical needs;
- Generate interface designs, prototypes, data flow diagrams, and system models;
- Create test plans, test scripts, and conduct system testing;
- Participate in web app development, deployment, and migration;
- Prepare technical documents and other required functional specifications.
Need to Haves
- A completed or in progress BS/MS in Computer Science or related discipline. Diploma certificates are also okay!
- Experience in mobile responsive web design using Bootstrap
- Experience consuming RESTful APIs
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience using version control services (GitHub, BitBucket, GitLab)
- Legal working status in Canada, please note that we do not have resources to sponsor work permits
Nice to Haves
- Experience with Hybrid application development frameworks like Cordova, Ionic, React-native etc.
- Familiarity with unit testing and Postman
Click here to learn more about our benefits and culture.