Number of Positions:
Commensurate with experience
As a Proposal Manager, you're an ambitious and experienced writing professional looking to mentor a vibrant team and share your expertise on best practices and processes. Your forte is in writing, developing and editing end-to-end proposal content for various RFPs/RFQs/RFI/SOWs and whatever other writing-related acronyms exist - once a challenge is presented to you, you're itching to research, learn, write and deliver.
Your role includes coordinating the creation and submission of proposals from scoping out RFP opportunities to delivering the finished product with top-notch quality. You take pride in communicating on behalf of the company within your writing, both to internal and external stakeholders. Your team members include not only more junior Proposal Writers, but also Developers, Project Managers and R&D aficionados.
You're not only a strong writer, but also a strategic thinker; you breeze through the analysis of large and complex documents, conduct research, and devise a winning strategy that incorporates client vision alongside our organizational values. You're as creative as you are technically-sound and have a yearning to bring your passion and quality-driven delivery to a small, but mighty, writing team.
- Coordinate, research, write, edit and review project proposals/bids;
- Provide mentorship to more junior team members and initiate best practices and processes into our current writing team;
- Provide quality assurance on all grids and check (QAs) completed grids to ensure compliance to RFP specifications and amendments;
- Maintain and update a comprehensive library of response templates, reusable content, technical terminologies, project references, and team matrices;
- Search for bids on public tender sites, assess prospects, quarterback the response/outcome of the proposal and then track the results for reporting and success metrics;
- Collaborate with our technical team to obtain an in-depth understanding of our service offerings and software development processes.
Need to Haves:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in English, Communication, Public Relations, Journalism in addition to a background in IT/Software Development field;
- 2+ year(s) of experience in writing RFPs/RFQs/RFI/SOWs or related documents;
- Basic understanding and experience with different stages of software development, including requirements specification, development, quality assurance, and deployment;
- Highly organized, with a history of being detail-oriented and a track record of delivering quality output on time;
- Extensive working knowledge of content production using Microsoft Word, Google Docs and the ability to manage large documents/work projects;
- Demonstrated ability to meet aggressive deadlines while working with multiple projects/stakeholders;
- Self-starter that can work independently with minimal oversight along with a proactive service attitude and willingness to follow "hands-on/can do" approach.
Nice to Haves:
- Past experience in directly coordinating/writing/preparing proposals for the public and private sectors;
- Previous experience in the software industry, ideally with software consultancy and/or development studios;
- Ability to generate graphical assets, like wireframes, mockups; skilled in photoshop/sketch etc.
Please submit a writing sample along with your resume if possible.
Click here to learn more about our benefits and culture.