1st Floor, 736 Broughton Street, Victoria, BC (Head Office)
Number of Positions:
Commensurate with experience.
We are growing quickly and are looking for an experienced QA Analyst to join our team at our Head Office in Victoria. The primary responsibility of the QA Analyst is to ensure the highest quality of work is published at FreshWorks Studio.
As a QA Analyst, you will conduct both manual and automated testing on products, in addition to documenting relevant test cases. For manual testing, you hunt for and bring attention to bugs, as well as request enhancements and improvements to UX for applications. Once you find any bugs or requirements, you are responsible for logging and tasking them in JIRA for developers to complete. For automated testing, you will write test scripts based off of test cases that will be integrated into the CI/CD process.
As a QA Analyst, you require excellent communication skills and a strong ability to navigate applications, while providing constructive criticism and guidance to developers on bugs and UI/UX changes with designers. You have a grasp of developing and executing test scenarios, using tools like Espresso, XCTest and Selenium for Android, iOS, and web, and providing code documentation that is clear and easy to read.
- Execute manual testing of applications by performing exploratory, acceptance, and regression testing
- Develop, execute and maintain test cases and scenarios based on requirements and technical specifications;
- Deploy automated testing by producing test scripts in accordance with documents like an SRS, user stories, and test cases;
- Document & evaluate test results against expected results, identify and document discrepancies and review with senior staff, analysts and developers;
- File and follow up on issues in JIRA;
- Provide constructive criticism and guidance to developers on bugs and UI/UX changes with designers;
- Utilize tools such as Espresso, XCTest and Selenium for Android, iOS, and web for developing and executing test scenarios;
- Ensure that quality assurance methods and standards are maintained for all applications;
- Collaborate with the developers in the testing of content and automation test suite;
- Support the business implementation team by preparing test cases for acceptance testing, as requested by business representatives.
Need to Haves:
- A completed or in progress BS/MS in Computer Science or related discipline. Diploma certificates are also okay!
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Strong testing skills and a high attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Experience working on both Web and Mobile App related QA projects
- Experience working with browser debugging/development tools
- Good communication skills and ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Legal working status in Canada, please note that we do not have resources to sponsor work permits
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with Java API testing, postman, SOAP, REST
- Experience with Atlassian products for project tracking
- Basic Experience with automation, running scripts, Selenium, and Appium
- Experience working with remote teams in other offices or cities