Contract - multiple opportunities available with varying skill requirements, contract durations and weekly capacities between 10h-40h/week
Commensurate with experience - feel free to include your hourly rate on your resume; we love transparency!
We are growing quickly and are looking for multiple talented Senior Business Analyst to assist our development teams in a variety of projects based in Victoria, BC.
Business Analysts create and document requirements, including use cases, user stories, process models, and software requirements specifications documents. In this role, you will be expected to generate interface designs, prototypes, data flow diagrams, and system models.
As a Senior Business Analyst, you are expected to take leadership roles in gathering project requirements and working with clients to formulate and solidify their ideas. You are comfortable working with clients to understand and analyze their business problems and business case. You will conduct meetings and facilitate workshops to elicit both functional and technical requirements and can organize these ideas into clear and concise project requirements.
The Business Analyst plays a large role in formulating the technology road map, including identifying and proposing technology solutions and ideas. You need to be comfortable spotting technical constraints and discussing them in detail with the client.
As a Business Analyst, you will work closely with our development team and other IT experts to address business, technical, and hardware needs. You will direct meetings with our technical team to explain requirements and strengthen their understanding of the solution to be developed.
- Analyze business problems of our clients and help formulate technology roadmap;
- Understand and create the project’s business case;
- Identify and propose technology solutions viable to the business case;
- Conduct meetings/facilitated workshops to elicit both functional and technical requirements;
- Analyze and decompose complex business requirements;
- Spot technical constraints to the proposed solutions;
- Collaborate with other IT experts and address business, technical, and hardware needs;
- Document requirements, create use cases, and process models;
- Generate interface designs, prototypes, data flow diagrams, and system models;
- Prepare user stories, software requirement documents, and other required functional specifications;
- Document processes and make recommendations for improvement;
- Manage a knowledge management plan to ensure project knowledge is transitioned to operational resources.
Need to Haves
- 5 to 30+ years of overall professional BA experience; come one, come all!
- Experience working on projects within the public sector;
- A tech background and/or understanding/experience in SDLC;
- Experience working in an Agile environment;
- Legal working status in Canada, please note that we do not have resources to sponsor work permits
Nice to Haves
- Experience in some area of development, preferably web and/or mobile;
- Technical writing experience;
- Understanding of the RFP procurement process.