Number of Positions:
Contract with possibility of growing into permanent role based on performance
Commensurate with experience
We are growing faster than your last batch of sea monkeys and looking for someone passionate about marketing to take on a new role in our company of 50+ employees. Your primary responsibility is to coordinate and activate various parts of our marketing strategy. We expect this role will focus on overseeing production of digital content, physical media and SWAG, social media management, communications and PR, and assisting with analytics to guide future marketing efforts.
In this position you will be required to demonstrate excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as strong organizational skills in your work. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and work well under pressure. That line always sounds like we’re going to overwork you, and we might try. However you know how to take a step back, identify priorities, and work at a sustainable pace that will achieve high quality long term results.
A typical day may include documenting processes for using our software, updating photo libraries, and content calendars, engaging with our social media audience, planning and preparing email campaigns, choosing the best supplier for a new piece of company SWAG and then placing the order. Sound like fun and plenty of variety? Check your pockets and make sure you have a can-do attitude with you and you’ll do just fine here.
- Develop comprehensive and impactful marketing campaigns/initiatives to achieve business goals
- Coordinate and maintain collateral development for both sales and marketing purposes including brochures, work portfolios, case studies, email templates, infographics, web articles, and promotional or instructional videos
- Managing external communications and PR to maximize company visibility
- Develop and execute lead management and lead nurturing programs
- Execute brand standards and compliance throughout digital, print, social, and internal collateral
- Overseeing graphic design projects including employee and client SWAG, internal signage, documentation branding, presentations, website content, and more
- Coordinate print production of all assets
- Assistance with creating, maintaining and presenting marketing reporting and analytics
- Provide administrative support support as needed
- Communicating and coordinating with external vendors or resources for any and all of the above
Need to Haves
- A completed or in progress post-secondary education in Commerce, Marketing, Digital Media, or a closely related discipline.
- Minimum of 1 year related marketing experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Familiarity (but not necessarily expertise) with most commonly used software (ie: Adobe Creative Suite, HubSpot, Mailchimp, Canva, Hootsuite, Hotjar, or alternatives to any of those)
- Understanding of best practices for digital marketing and social media
- Ability to oversee content production by coordinating multiple resources, making quick decisions, and providing honest feedback
- Confidence to act autonomously and foresight to know when not to
- Self-motivated with strong organizational, multitasking, and administrative skills
- Pinpoint accuracy and attention to detail - we need to know EXACTLY where that piece of spinach in our teeth is
- Imagination and creativity that can run free or be directed towards a specific objective when required
- An understanding of startup culture and it’s challenges
- Sunny disposition
- Legal working status in Canada; please note that we do not have resources to sponsor work permits
Nice to Haves
- Experience with HubSpot and Inbound methodology
- Advanced experience with Google Analytics and SEO
- Working knowledge of G-Suite programs
- Previous marketing agency experience
- Demonstrated creative writing skills and a strong command of the english language - show us your blog and we’ll show you ours
Please include hyperlinks to a writing sample, blog, social media platform used for professional purposes, or anything that you feel would highlight your skills related to the role.Click here to learn more about our benefits and culture.