1st Floor, 736 Broughton Street, Victoria, BC (Head Office)
Number of Positions:
Commensurate with experience.
As a Junior Business Analyst, you create and document technical requirements, including use cases, user stories, process models, and software requirement specifications documents, in addition to writing RFP responses. Your technical background in software development is a must, but don’t worry if you’re not familiar with all of these terms; on this team, passion comes first, drive, second and experience, third.
You’re jazzed at the thought of facilitating workshops to elicit both functional and technical requirements and get satisfaction out of organizing these ideas into clear and concise project specifications. You can’t wait to collaborate with clients and fellow savvy team members to analyze business cases and come up with technical solutions that fit all parties’ needs.
As a Junior Business Analyst, you’re the Nancy Drew of finding new RFP bid opportunities and jump head first into researching the latest trends in tech, then painting the page with your findings. You have a knack for writing and take pride in being the glue that binds the technical team and the business team.
- Prepare user stories, software requirement documents, RFP responses and other required functional specifications;
- Document requirements, create use cases, and process models;
- Analyze business problems of our clients and help formulate the technology roadmap to solve their business case;
- Conduct meetings and facilitate workshops directly with clients to elicit both functional and technical requirements;
- Spot technical constraints to the proposed solutions and communicate them effectively to the client;
- Support Project Managers as needed by writing tickets in Jira and documenting processes;
- Collaborate with clients and team members to address business, technical, and hardware needs.
Need to Haves
- A completed or in progress BS/MS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related discipline. Diploma certificates are also okay!
- A tech background and/or understanding of/experience in SDLC;
- A passion for writing, researching and staying up to date with the newest trends in tech;
- A drive to deliver quality, adhere to deadlines and initiate new best practices and processes within our writing team.
We're happy to teach the right candidates the rest!
Nice to Haves
- Experience working in an Agile environment;
- Experience in some area of development, preferably web and/or mobile;
- Proposal writing experience;
- Legal working status in Canada, please note that we do not have resources to sponsor work permits.
If you're a recent grad, please attach your unofficial transcript to your application - show us what you’ve got!