1st Floor, 736 Broughton Street, Victoria, BC (Head Office)
Number of Positions:
Commensurate with experience.
We're looking for a talented WordPress-PHP Developer to join our Web Development team at our Head Office in Victoria. Your primary responsibility is building complex custom WordPress websites as per clients' requirements that are as seamless and efficient as coding a site from scratch.
You have a strong understanding of encryption and other security best practices. FreshWorks has contracts with both private and public sector clients, and our web team uses their knowledge of secure networking and storage to keep our client data safe.
- Analyze business problems of our clients and help formulate technology roadmaps;
- Identify and propose technology solutions viable to client needs;
- Collaborate with other web experts and address business, technical, and logical needs;
- Participate in website and WordPress-specific development, deployment, and migration;
- Prepare technical documents and other required functional specifications.
Need to Haves:
- 1-3 years as a WordPress Developer in a professional setting. Co-op experience counts too, as long as you dug deep into the world of WordPress!
- Ability to develop cutting edge WP plugins or themes, and make them work properly in all environments while overcoming basic conflicts with popular themes and plugins;
- Experience with using deployment tools on AWS, Google Cloud or equivalent;
- Experience working in an Agile environment;
- Legal working status in Canada, please note that we do not have resources to sponsor work permits.
Nice to Haves:
- A completed or in progress certificate, diploma, BS/MS in Computer Science or related discipline;
- Experience working in other web development languages;
- Experience working directly with clients to gather requirements, explain technical restraints and execute their vision accordingly.
Please include a link to your portfolio showcasing past WordPress projects.Click here to learn more about our benefits and culture.