Contract - Full-Time Hours (37.5 - 40 hours/week)
FreshWorks works with a variety of Government clients that often need Senior UX Designers on contract!
Commensurate with experience - feel free to include your hourly rate on your resume; we love transparency!
As a UX Designer, you keep up to date with developments in web design and are able to collaborate and communicate with a broad spectrum of people. You are responsible for creating interactive wireframes based on documentation like an SRS (Software Requirements Specification) and have an intuitive grasp of user behaviour.
You have an understanding of how to distill client ideas into a comprehensive look and feel and are able to take and provide constructive criticism on your designs and ideas. The UX Designer will often-times be required to mentor less experienced members of the team to grow their capabilities while working within the Scrum Framework and collaborating with other Agile teams and key business stakeholders.
- Design wireframes, mockups, screens, and workflows for user stories and technical development;
- Evaluate UI challenges and to present ideas focused on interaction design and usability;
- Collaborate with other designers, developers, and clients;
- Work closely with Agile team members to push the limits of existing web technology and UX;
- Present design ideas to developers, clients, stakeholders, and peers for review, working within an iterative design process;
- Evaluate modern design tools and best practices to continuously evolve and improve the design process.
Need to Haves
- 3 to 30+ years of overall professional Design experience; come one, come all!
- Expertise in the use of design tools like Sketch, Invision, Photoshop, and Illustrator;
- Experience working on projects within the public sector;
- A tech background and/or understanding/experience in SDLC;
- Experience working in an Agile environment;
- Legal working status in Canada, please note that we do not have resources to sponsor work permits
Nice to Haves
- Experience in some area of development, preferably web and/or mobile;
- Experience leading workshops centred around topics like Design Thinking and User Experience;
Please provide a link to your portfolio or design samples in your submission.
Click here to learn more about FreshWorks and about other available positions