736 Broughton Street, Victoria, BC
Number of Positions:
Commensurate with experience.
We are growing faster than your last batch of sea monkeys and are looking for a passionate Office Administrator to join our company of 55+ employees. As part of our People Ops team, your primary responsibilities are maintaining a sound working office environment for all and assisting the HR, Leadership, and Marketing Teams with ad-hoc coordination and administrative duties.
This role will focus on HR initiative and event planning, scheduling meetings, flights, accommodations and Lunch & Learns, greeting and touring client and candidates alike, and being an ambassador of FreshWorks' values and culture as the first point of contact to all visitors and guests. A typical day may include coordinating an impromptu client luncheon, Googling around town for the most efficient recycling programs to support our green initiatives, and redecorating the employee lounges to make space for an upcoming social night.
As the Office Administrator, you demonstrate excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as strong organizational skills in your work. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and work well under pressure where ownership and accountability are your middle names. If you're a positive go-getter that can take a task to 110% completion, you'll do well on our team!
- Coordinate and plan for physical office needs including decorating/designing new spaces (a keen eye for interior design is a bonus!), soundproofing, owning hardware resourcing, assisting with the planning and execution of future office expansions and maintaining overall office tidiness;
- Plan and organize company functions and team events including our annual trip, quarterly social nights, project team bonding events, and multi-day tourist-focused itineraries for out-of-town visitors;
- Book travel arrangements including flights, ferries, and accommodations for employees and candidates;
- Order and manage office, kitchen, and events supplies/resources;
- Collaborate with business and tech teams to generate a quarterly newsletter to all employees;
- Provide general support to the HR, Leadership and Marketing teams;
- Ensure our team members work and personal needs are met.
Need to Haves
- Minimum of 1-year experience working in an office environment with Senior Executives and general team members;
- Strong service quality experience with excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal);
- Flexible and self-motivated with strong organizational, multitasking, and administrative skills;
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality;
- Demonstrated experience carrying out programs/events with many moving parts;
- Pinpoint accuracy and attention to detail - we need to know EXACTLY where that piece of spinach in our teeth is;
- Legal working status in Canada, please note that we do not have resources to sponsor work permits.
Nice to Haves
- Experience in professional services industry like - IT, consulting, law, accounting etc.;
- Experience designing new office spaces;
- Working knowledge of G-Suite programs;
- An understanding of startup culture and its challenges (bonus if within the tech space!);
- Familiarity with any of the following software: Xero, ReceiptBank, Expensify, Wagepoint, Trello, Slack.
Click here to learn more about our benefits and culture.