1st Floor, 736 Broughton Street, Victoria, BC (Head Office)
Number of Positions:
Commensurate with experience.
We're looking for a talented Full Stack Developer to join our Web Development team at our Head Office in Victoria. Your primary responsibility is ensuring the performance, quality, and responsiveness of web applications is up to FreshWorks’ standards of excellence.
As a Full Stack Developer, you have experience working with modern JS frameworks, preferably React and Redux, and have a good understanding of SQL database structure, particularly using MySQL & Postgresql. You will work with back-end services like Firebase or creating/consuming custom RESTful APIs in PHP, Python or Golang and have experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning.
As a Full Stack Developer, you are responsible for deploying servers on AWS, and are preferably comfortable with Docker and the command line. You have a strong understanding of encryption and other security best practices. FreshWorks has contracts with both private and public sector clients, and our web team uses their knowledge of secure networking and storage to keep our client data safe.
- Analyze business problems of our clients and help formulate technology roadmap;
- Identify and propose technology solutions viable to the client needs;
- Collaborate with other web experts and address business, technical, and logical needs;
- Generate interface designs, prototypes, data flow diagrams, and system models;
- Participate in web app development, deployment, and migration;
- Prepare technical documents and other required functional specifications.
Need to Haves:
- A completed or in progress BS/MS in Computer Science or related discipline. Diploma certificates are also okay!
- 1-5 years as a Software Developer in a professional setting. Co-op experience counts too!
- Experience with JS frameworks, preferably React/Redux;
- Experience with implementing UI designs using JS, CSS and HTML;
- Experience with using deployment tools on AWS, Google Cloud or equivalent;
- Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals, algorithms, database models, data structures, and design patterns;
- Writing and understanding OOPS concepts;
- Experience working in an Agile environment;
- Legal working status in Canada, please note that we do not have resources to sponsor work permits.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience writing server side PHP, Python or Golang code;
- Experience with working with either Jenkins, code generation or creating swagger documentation.
Click here to learn more about our benefits and culture.