1st Floor, 736 Broughton Street, Victoria, BC (Head Office)
Number of Positions:
Commensurate with experience.
We are growing quickly and are looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to add to our development team at our Head Office in Victoria. The primary responsibility of the Senior Software Engineer is to supervise/work alongside our development team.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you should feel comfortable with the latest programming technologies and also have experience with software development best practices. You are a stickler for unit tests, system tests and regression tests, and passionate about automating testing overall. You know how to estimate work units, how to manage the agile development process, and how to get the most out of your teams.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you are responsible for setting up the technical architecture of different client projects and also troubleshoot code related issues when needed. You will motivate and train other developers and understand different character types and how to create a unified team. As a Senior Software Engineer, you can read the stress of the team and communicate needs to management. You enjoy sharing knowledge and are eager to provide mentorship and coaching to both junior developers and peers alike.
- Understanding technical architecture and writing software and automated tests, aligned with agreed upon standards;
- Providing technical guidance, mentorship, support, and oversight for less experienced software engineers;
- Participating in the engineering community, staying up to date on new software technologies and best practices, and sharing insights with others in the organization;
- Adhering to Agile methodologies for the Software Development Lifecycle, and acting as a Scrum Master when applicable;
- Demonstrating attention to detail, working well in a team environment, and willing to learn new skills;
- Advising viable solutions to processes, technology, and interfaces that improve the effectiveness of the team and reducing technical debt;
- Analyzing user stories and software requirement documents to provide recommendations in terms of technology stack and cost/time estimates;
- Participating in interview loops, assignment-based code reviews and contributing to dev-focused recruiting/hiring best practices;
- Working at a capacity of full stack engineer as and when needed.
Need to Haves:
- 5+ years of overall web development experience, including leading a team of developers
- Skilled in setting up database architecture/models/schemas and experience with SQL and NOSQL database like MongoDB; ability to develop RESTful APIs
- A proven track record for coaching, managing, and developing high quality engineers
- Technical background and history of leading successful teams and products that allows you to command technical respect; you can dive deep into technical discussions and have a genuine desire to contribute and support the transfer of knowledge and ideas
- Legal working status in Canada, please note that we do not have resources to sponsor work permits
Click here to learn more about our benefits and culture.