Number of Positions:
Commensurate with experience.
We are growing quickly and are looking for an experienced UI/UX Designer to add to our User Experience Design team of 3 people. Your primary responsibility is to take concepts from an idea through the design process all the way to a complete and functioning design.
As a UI/UX Designer, you keep up to date with developments in Android, iOS, and web design and are able to collaborate and communicate with a broad spectrum of people. You are responsible for creating interactive wireframes based on documentation like an SRS (Software Requirements Specification), and have an intuitive grasp of user behaviour. You have an understanding of how to distill client ideas into a comprehensive look and feel, and are able to take and provide constructive criticism on your designs and ideas.
Generating design assets for our development teams is a large part of the UI/UX Designer’s role. You need to have a grasp on the difference between platform design principles, as well as working with multiple file types. As a UI/UX Designer, you possess the ability to communicate your design process, since the FreshWorks team and clientele is diverse, and have no problem switching from expert to ELI5 depending on the situation.
- Design wireframes, mockups, screens, and workflows for user stories and technical development;
- Evaluate UI challenges and to present ideas focused on interaction design and usability;
- Maintain and use UI design systems for our web and mobile apps;
- Collaborate with other designers, developers, and clients;
- Work closely with engineers to push the limits of existing web technology and UX;
- Present design ideas to developers, clients, stakeholders, and peers for review, working within an iterative design process;
- Evaluate modern design tools and best practices to continuously evolve and improve the design process;
- Keep up to date with developments in Android, iOS, and web design.
Need to Haves:
- A completed or in progress BS/MS in Design, or a related discipline. Diploma certificates are also okay!
- Solid understanding of design principles and user experience
- Proficiency in software relevant to app design - Photoshop, Illustrator
- Ability to both give thoughtful criticism and receive critique
- Strong problem solving skills, and a self starters attitude
- Legal working status in Canada, please note that we do not have resources to sponsor work permits
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with 3D modeling software is an asset
Please provide a link to your portfolio or design samples in your submission.
Click here to learn more about our benefits and culture.