Why you should want to work here
At Freshly Picked, we provide families the products and inspiration to build a beautiful and memorable life. We do this by creating camaraderie, providing delightful work experiences, and innovating high-end products.
We have a world-class e-commerce audience, one of the largest social media followings in our category, a booming subscription program a growing wholesale business and we are developing new strategies and products to become the global leader in both direct-to-consumer and retail baby products. If you love a fast-paced environment, fast growth, and the potential to have a huge impact within a company, then you are going to LOVE Freshly Picked!
As a company, we are hungry for growth, supportive, humble, honest, and light-hearted. These values are reflected in everything we do. Additionally, we strive to be results-focused in our decisions and priorities.
What we need
Freshly Picked is looking for a partner to support the existing, growth-minded leadership team to oversee the product direction and overall performance of all merchandise categories for both e-commerce and the wholesale business. You will report directly into the CEO while partnering closely with the design director to develop product lines that represent the brand while focusing closely on margin, inventory management and sell-through. The Senior Merchant will lead current line assortment planning, as well as new category expansion. The right individual will meet all of the qualifications below, as well as be able to speak to past experiences in the areas of responsibility. Additionally, you will be excellent at blending people management with a strategic, analytical approach.
The primary responsibilities of the Senior Merchant include:
·Drive business performance of merchandise categories through early planning and strategy implementation.
· Partner with Design on product assortment and develop line plan to achieve and exceed financial goals.
·Work with CFO to select key items and develop a monthly plan that utilizes historical performance and current business data.
·Manage new buys by analyzing sales information to identify opportunities for increasing sales and improving margins.
·Partner closely with design and buying/planning to provide feedback on market trends, key category needs, historical selling, hero products, designs and colors.
· Analyze category metrics to understand consumer behavior and react to key findings. Report learnings back to business on a weekly and monthly basis to identify highlights and opportunities for improvement.
· Collaborate with Sourcing on vendor resource, calendar and costing strategies to facilitate production planning.
·Partner with Design, Marketing, Sales and Production to ensure product assortment strategies (design themes, color stories, licenses, product focus) are on trend and effectively communicated to drive sales
·Contribute to weekly sales meetings, monitoring inventory on-hand and sell through, react daily/weekly to reach monthly and annual financial goals, generate newness, highlight and chase product based on historical business performance.
·Lead cross-functional meetings to review product selling, issues with deliveries, and potential liabilities. Determine solutions to ensure timely and consistent flow of merchandise.
· 7+ years related work experience
· Bachelor’s degree, master’s preferred
· Strategic, analytical and creative thinker
· Highly proficient in Excel
· Acute sense of brand and customer insight
· Excellent taste with proven talent to envisage and interpret trends
· Strong verbal/written communication and presentation skills
· Ability to multi-task with a high degree of accuracy
· Ability to manage projects individually and work will as part of a team
· Goal orientated: ability to stay focused on delivering results
· Leadership experience at high-performing organizations with revenues greater than $50m
· Experience managing teams and producing impact individually
This job is full-time located in Lehi, UT, 30 minutes from Salt Lake City and 40 minutes from world-class snow.
We offer competitive salaries, health and dental benefits, a 401(k) program, unlimited PTO, and a fun, food-filled startup work environment.