Note: This is a 2-part application, please see details below
Why you should want to work here
At Freshly Picked, we provide families the products and inspiration to build a beautiful and memorable life. We do this by creating camaraderie, providing delightful work experiences, and innovating high-end products.
We have a world-class e-commerce audience, one of the largest social media followings in our category, a booming subscription program and we are developing new strategies and products to become the global leader in direct-to-consumer baby products. If you love a fast-paced
environment, fast growth, and the potential to have a huge impact within a company, then you are going to LOVE Freshly Picked!
As a company, we are hungry for growth, supportive, humble, honest, and light-hearted. These values are reflected in everything we do. Additionally, we strive to be results-focused in our decisions and priorities.
What we need
Freshly Picked is looking for a partner to support the existing, growth-minded leadership team with outstanding planning, logistics, production, and profitability management. This person will
be involved at the board level and on the management leadership team. The right individual will meet all of the qualifications below, as well as be able to speak to past experiences in the areas of responsibility. Additionally, they will be excellent at blending people management with a strategic, analytical approach.
The primary responsibilities of the VP of Operations or COO include:
- Deliver profitability goals in 2019 and position FP to deliver greater profits in future years
- Manage fulfillment partner spend
- Deliver lower cost on all products, with emphasis on in-house production efficiency
- Manage budgeting, forecasting, reporting to enable proactive decision making
- Manage inventory levels and corresponding cash position according to company needs
- Manage team of finance and operational leaders
- Contribute strategic thinking, planning, and process to FP
- Coordinate reporting, planning sessions, alignment, etc with current and future plans
- Develop systems and processes to expedite work flows and improve insight
- 12+ years growing businesses within e-commerce or consumer product space
- Bachelor’s degree, master’s preferred
- Executive leadership experience at high-performing organizations with revenues greater
- than $50m
- Experience managing teams and producing impact individually
- Previous P&L responsibility
This is a full-time role and currently located in our brand new office in Lehi, UT, an awesome tech-hub 25 miles south of downtown Salt Lake City and 40 minutes from world-class snow. This role also requires frequent visits to our manufacturing facility in Lindon, UT and our investment firm in California.
We offer competitive salaries, health and dental benefits, a 401(k) program, unlimited PTO, onsite gym, and a fun, food-filled startup work environment.
In order to apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to this application
AND complete this brief pre-screen