Why you should want to work here
At Freshly Picked, we provide families the products and inspiration to build a beautiful and memorable life. We do this by creating camaraderie, providing delightful work experiences, and innovating high-end products.
We have a world-class e-commerce audience, one of the largest social media followings in our category, a booming subscription program and we are developing new strategies and products to become the global leader in direct-to-consumer baby products. If you love a fast-paced environment, fast growth, and the potential to have a huge impact within a company, then you are going to LOVE Freshly Picked!
As a company, we are hungry for growth, supportive, humble, honest, and light-hearted. These values are reflected in everything we do. Additionally, we strive to be results-focused in our decisions and priorities.
What we need
At Freshly Picked, beautifully designed and functional products are everything! The Pattern & Textile Designer will play a key role on the Product Design team and will be directly responsible for developing original artwork for our various collections. This person will work with the Director of Product Design and Development on seasonal patterns and designs for moccasins, bags, shoes, clothing, etc., as well as oversee the execution of designs on specific fabrications, and their approval for production.
The right person will be a self-starter and have a strong sense of concept development, in addition to communication, collaboration, and presentation skills. They will also be organized and able to maintain all activities consistent with our fast-moving product development calendar.
A peek at what you’ll do:
- Design and execute original artwork for footwear, apparel and accessories collections
- Collaborate with the Director of Product Design & Development on seasonal pattern/graphic vision for all product categories
- Utilize various artistic skills as well as Illustrator and Photoshop to create original artwork
- See pattern/graphics through from concept to production in a hands-on environment
What you need:
- 1-2 years experience in Pattern/Textile Design in an internship or full-time role
- Pursuing or completed degree in Pattern/Textile Design or similar field
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop
- Strong portfolio showcasing design work
- Strong graphic design, illustration, and print development capabilities
- Exceptional hand-drawing and painting skills
- Strong sense of color, fashion and awareness of print/pattern trends
- Strong understanding of how to create placement prints based off of pattern pieces
- Ability to proactively troubleshoot and problem solve
- Ability to take direction and prioritize multiple projects
- Exceptional organization skills required as well as the ability to proactively self-prioritize workflow based on deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented, flexible/willing to learn, and a team player
This is a full-time role and currently located in our brand new office in Lehi, UT, an awesome tech-hub 25 miles south of downtown Salt Lake City. This role also requires frequent visits to our design studio and manufacturing facility in Lindon, UT.
We offer competitive salaries, health and dental benefits, a 401(k) program, unlimited PTO, onsite gym, and a fun, food-filled startup work environment.
If this sounds like your dream job, let’s talk! Please submit your application to this posting ASAP.