Why you should want to work here
At Freshly Picked, we provide families the products and inspiration to build a beautiful and memorable life. We do this by creating camaraderie, providing delightful work experiences, and innovating high-end products.
We have a world-class e-commerce audience, one of the largest social media followings in our category, a booming subscription program and we are developing new strategies and products to become the global leader in direct-to-consumer baby products. If you love a fast-paced environment, fast growth, and the potential to have a huge impact within a company, then you are going to LOVE Freshly Picked!
As a company, we are hungry for growth, supportive, humble, honest, and light-hearted. These values are reflected in everything we do. Additionally, we strive to be results-focused in our decisions and priorities.
What we need
At Freshly Picked, beautifully-designed and functional products are everything! The Senior Product Designer will play a key role on the Product Design team and will be directly responsible for developing original designs for our various product collections including Accessories, Footwear, and Apparel. This person will work with the Director of Product Design and Development on seasonal product conceptualization, execution of designs, and preparation/approval for production.
The right person will be a self-starter, embrace a hands-on approach and have a strong sense of concept development, in addition to communication, collaboration, and presentation skills. They will also be organized and able to maintain all activities consistent with our fast-moving product development calendar.
A peek at what you’ll do:
- Collaborate with the Director of Product Design & Development to set vision for all product lines across the brand
- Create original designs for Footwear, Accessories and Apparel based on market and customer research, as well and trend analysis
- Create tech packs and garment specs for designs
- Responsible for product development from concept through production in accordance with the product release calendar
- Gather and present inspiration for new ideas, new product lines and designs for seasonal lines
- Lead the design team in executing the highest quality products for mom, baby and beyond
What you need:
- 2-3 years experience in Fashion or Product Design in an internship or full-time role
- Pursuing or completed degree in Fashion or Product Design or similar field
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop
- Strong portfolio showcasing design work
- Basic understanding of textiles and raw materials, especially leather
- Strong sense of color, fashion and awareness of footwear trends and strong taste level
- Ability to proactively troubleshoot and problem solve
- Ability to take direction, handle and prioritize multiple projects
- Exceptional organization skills required as well as the ability to proactively self-prioritize workflow based on deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented, flexible/willing to learn, and a team player
This is a full-time role and currently located in our brand new office in Lehi, UT, an awesome tech-hub 25 miles south of downtown Salt Lake City. This role requires frequent visits to our design studio and manufacturing facility in Lindon, UT.
We offer competitive salaries, health and dental benefits, a 401(k) program, unlimited PTO, onsite gym, and a fun, food-filled startup work environment.
If this sounds like your dream job, let’s talk! Please submit your application to this posting ASAP.