What is Freenome ?
Freenome is a health technology company bringing accurate, accessible and non-invasive disease screenings to you and your doctor to proactively treat cancer and other diseases at their most manageable stages. Freenome is a place where you can do your best, most meaningful work, and contribute to a whole new way of thinking about curing cancer. It’s a data-driven, diverse company at the intersection of biology, technology and medicine.
Equip you and your family with knowledge and tools to maintain a healthier life and prevent disease.
About the Team
The Freenome Clinical Laboratory team is focused on creating a clinical lab from the ground up and assisting in the creation of the Freenome assay. As the first Clinical Lab Assistant at Freenome, you’ll play an important part in driving multiple projects within the lab. Your role is critical as you will be receiving and preparing samples for processing while also getting an opportunity to assist throughout the entire workflow. You will get an opportunity to work alongside experienced scientists and engineers to build dynamic and efficient processes and advance Freenome’s assay.
- Receive patient samples for testing and assist in sample processing
- Perform accessioning and data entry for information in test request form (TRF) into the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS)
- Assist in the creating efficient and streamlined accessioning processes
- Archive samples to storage and retrieve when necessary
- Manage, maintain, and audit the Clinical Laboratory’s inventory
- Log occurrences of any errors or problems
- Organize and clean lab space and equipment
- Prepare and store reagents as instructed
- Assist licensed testing personnel (other than trainees)
- Assist in equipment maintenance and troubleshooting
- Assist in the performance of quality control procedures
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in a Life Science
- 1+ year of experience of working in a clinical laboratory
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Computer proficient and familiar with Mac OS X and Google Apps
Nice to Haves
- Experience in interacting with a Laboratory Information Management Systems, working in a CLIA and/or CAP certified laboratory & Quality Management System, drafting standard operating procedures
Our culture is simple. We value Empathy, Trust and Integrity. We feel from the perspectives of each other, patients and the communities we serve. We give each other the benefit of the doubt and believe we’re all working as a team towards our goals. We conduct ourselves with integrity, empowering others to grow in a collaborative environment. Freenome explicitly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
What does a successful person look like at Freenome?
You can prioritize, manage and execute your goals and align them to the mission of Freenome. You’re a steward of the culture and hold yourself and the team accountable. You believe hiring and mentorship are fundamental to building the organization. You bring ownership to your role, focus on your process and find the gaps to help Freenome reach its full potential. You welcome feedback and criticism knowing its value is to build people up and support each other, rather than tearing each other down.