What is Freenome ?
Freenome is a health technology company bringing accurate, accessible and non-invasive disease screenings to you and your doctor to proactively treat cancer and other diseases at their most manageable stages. Freenome is a place where you can do your best, most meaningful work, and contribute to a whole new way of thinking about curing cancer. It’s a data-driven, diverse company at the intersection of biology, technology and medicine.
Equip you and your family with knowledge and tools to maintain a healthier life and prevent disease.
About the Role
Freenome’s menagerie of computer systems, both on-premises and in the cloud, is growing rapidly as our business and workforce continues to grow. We are looking for an IT specialist to take responsibility for the smooth, secure operation of our computer systems.
- Install, configure, maintain, secure, and upgrade Freenome’s physical computers and virtual machines.
- Coordinate with engineering and research on specification and purchasing of compute infrastructure.
- Provide desktop technical support to Freenome personnel.
- Take a mindful, transparent and humane approach to your work and your interactions with others
What We’re Looking For
- 5+ years of experience in an IT or support role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Linux and Windows system administration
- Sufficient macOS experience to diagnose user problems
Nice to Haves
- Knowledge of any of the following systems:
- Cisco Meraki
- VMware vSphere
- Experience with MDM systems
At Freenome, the wellbeing of both ourselves and others is important to us. We are focused on providing the best possible service to the communities we serve while creating an organization that supports, trusts and empathizes with one another.
If this sounds exciting, we'd love to hear from you!
Our culture is simple. We value Empathy, Trust and Integrity. We feel from the perspectives of each other, patients and the communities we serve. We give each other the benefit of the doubt and believe we’re all working as a team towards our goals. We conduct ourselves with integrity, empowering others to grow in a collaborative environment. Freenome explicitly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
What does a successful person look like at Freenome?
You can prioritize, manage and execute your goals and align them to the mission of Freenome. You’re a steward of the culture and hold yourself and the team accountable. You believe hiring and mentorship are fundamental to building the organization. You bring ownership to your role, focus on your process and find the gaps to help Freenome reach its full potential. You welcome feedback and criticism knowing its value is to build people up and support each other, rather than tearing each other down.