What is Freenome?
Freenome is a health technology company bringing accurate, accessible and non-invasive disease screenings to you and your doctor to proactively treat cancer and other diseases at their most manageable stages. Freenome is a place where you can do your best, most meaningful work, and contribute to a whole new way of thinking about curing cancer. It’s a data-driven, diverse company at the intersection of biology, technology and medicine.
Equip you and your family with knowledge and tools to maintain a healthier life and prevent disease.
About The Role
You’ll be working at the keystone of a biotech startup. As our Sr Data Scientist you’ll communicate scientific discovery with pharmaceutical companies, hospitals, and universities. You will rapidly prototype applications of methods and signals to new problem domains to evaluate if there is synergy between our technology and business. We apply and leverage daily innovation and experimentation of molecular biology and machine learning research to form, test, and confirm biological research with immediate clinical impact. If you are excited by working on a research team and affect our growing business at the same time, this is the role for you!
- Communicate, coordinate, and synthesize information and tasks with varied technical ICs and managers across a fast-paced biotech research organization
- Explore, graph, and test biological data and hypotheses
- Read, internalize, and implement modern biological methods
- Build, test, and validate models that reflect biological knowledge on data directly from the lab
- Curate, leverage, and incorporate into models massive scale publicly available data of various biological type
What We're Looking For
- Academic or professional knowledge of molecular biology
- Python, numpy, a full featured statistical modeling library and/or R, and a programmatic plotting library
- Data visualization
- Experience deploying high dimensional statistics and use of statistical algorithms
- Probabilistic modeling and inference
- Understanding the workflows between applied researchers, stats and business development
Nice to Haves
- Experience in genomic oncology
- High performance computing
- Probabilistic graphical models
- A degree or similar level of work experience in computational biology, computational genomics, or machine learning
Our culture is simple. We value Empathy, Trust and Integrity. We feel from the perspectives of each other, patients and the communities we serve. We give each other the benefit of the doubt and believe we’re all working as a team towards our goals. We conduct ourselves with integrity, empowering others to grow in a collaborative environment. Freenome explicitly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
What does a successful person look like at Freenome?
You can prioritize, manage and execute your goals and align them to the mission of Freenome. You’re a steward of the culture and hold yourself and the team accountable. You believe hiring and mentorship are fundamental to building the organization. You bring ownership to your role, focus on your process and find the gaps to help Freenome reach its full potential. You welcome feedback and criticism knowing its value is to build people up and support each other, rather than tearing each other down.