Are you a proactive, impatient, yet friendly leader that takes pride in working with your hands and motivating a team? Are you good at teaching and training others? Are you outgoing and empathetic with an ability to “read” people and situations effectively? Do you have a knack for influencing people to cooperate while accepting change and new ideas?
If this sounds like you, then we need to talk…
Frazer, a leading builder of emergency medical vehicles, is seeking a qualified, experienced service technician to act as a working Team Leader to oversee the mechanics in our truck prep and truck mount department and be accountable for meeting production goals. This person will need to gain the respect and trust of the truck department team members while working collaboratively with other production teams, sales, and engineering and treating other Frazer departments as internal customers.
The Truck Shop Team Leader provides guidance, instruction, direction and leadership to Truck Department personnel. The primary function is to act as a communication conduit between management and staff. The Truck Department prepares truck chassis for the mounting of aluminum bodies by doing various installations such as air horns, grill guards, wheel covers, consoles, active suspension systems and components, auxiliary fuel tanks, and some minor electrical work.
What Is a Week in the Life of the Truck Shop Team Leader Like?
- Learn and reinforce safe and proper work procedures while actively following Frazer Safety programs and other policies outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Host a Team Huddle Promptly at 6 AM (or shift start time); Verify attendance.
- Review Safety for the day
- Review priorities and assign work tasks
- Clearly define goals for the day by person
- Enforce Safety and Housekeeping Standards all day every day
- Ensure quality at your work centers, and drive a reduction in defects and controllable errors
- Ensure all team members are focused on daily/weekly priorities throughout the day
- Frequently confirm that you and your team members are ACTIVELY clocked into the CORRECT production Job at all times.
- Ensure availability and accountability for parts issued to your work center
- Ensure Job Tasks are completed in the system and notify Quality Control for inspection
- Answer internal questions or find the answer to problems and/or issues on the production floor.
- Oversee all parts are properly issued in the Job Manager system as well as labeled correctly with an item number and job number prior to installation.
What's it like to be a part of the Frazer Family?
Frazer is a fast-paced company that is creating some of the most innovative vehicles in the world. You'll find a unique team of individuals who continue to push the boundaries of what is possible in the Healthcare and EMS space. A diverse team, a great culture, and a positive work environment are just some of the things that make working at Frazer so rewarding.
A True Culture
Frazer is a company that relies on its core values and the drive of its people. With a focus on longevity and employee success, Frazer welcomes its employees to push the envelope and drive improvement across all aspects of the company. At Frazer, you can unleash your potential!
Employee Driven Benefits
At Frazer, we take pride in listening to what our employees want in benefits. With our "What You Want" committee, we've come up with a unique set of employee benefits and designed them around our culture.
- Health Care Insurance (100% paid for by the company for all employees)
- Dental Benefit options
- 401k plan with a company match!
- Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off that begins accruing your first day of employment
- The “Company Kitchen” on site for lunch and snack choices
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Professional development and skills training
- Free Life Skills Training such as financial wellness classes
How Performance is Evaluated
Communication and collaboration are key at Frazer and we encourage an environment filled with positive feedback and constructive criticism, to unleash your potential for real professional growth! We use things like self-evaluations, group reviews, and quarterly check-ins to help define a clear path to success. You will also have an opportunity to give feedback to peers to help them to grow in their roles as well.
Skills (to Pay the Bills)
Here's a list of a few skills that the Truck Shop Team Leader at Frazer should have...
- Strong Communication Skills
- Experience as an Automotive Service Technician
- Problem Solving & Critical Thinking Skills
- Prior Truck/Chassis Experience preferred
- Ability to follow instructions and Processes
- Experience Using Hand, Power, and Impact Tools
- Ability to Hold Team Accountable to Work Goals as well as Safety and Housekeeping Standards
Also, here are a few software packages that the Truck Shop Team Leader would eventually need to be versed in. Don’t worry . . . we expect some on-the-job training.
- Google G-Suite (Gmail, Documents, Drive, Spreadsheets, etc.)
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems
- Shop Floor control systems
Oh, and $alary
Of course, we didn't forget salary… Frazer offers competitive pay depending on education and experience.