Are you that person who can remember events, places, and people like it was yesterday? When you know you're right and someone else is wrong, will you tell them so? Are you the first one to get to work and the last one to leave? Do you need to “get it right” and feel things have to be perfect? Do you get stressed when people keep changing your day and it's not what they said it was going to be? Do you love checking things off your list every day and having someone tell you that you're doing a good job?
If this sounds like you, then we need to talk…
Frazer, a leading builder of emergency medical vehicles, is seeking a qualified Detailer to be accountable for meeting Frazer’s detailers, department, and company goals. This person will need to gain the respect and trust of their team members while working collaboratively with other Frazer department teams.
The Detailer will clean the inside and the outside of vehicles to company standards using different types of cleaning equipment and products while making sure that the finished product is ready for inspection.
What Is a Week in the Life of a Detailer Like?
- Actively live out Frazer Core Values while working with Frazer employees, internal vendors, and customers to help achieve team and company goals.
- Learn and reinforce safe and proper work procedures while actively following Frazer Safety programs and other policies outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Learn the processes in place to help promote ideas to improve detail processes.
- Respond to department needs and inquiries by phone, email, and in-person while providing information as needed.
- Actively be involved in Production by open communication with their team and work centers while understanding and fulfilling the tasks needed to complete the job.
- Help the team meet the team and the company’s goals, norms, and expectations.
- Keep an itemized inventory list of chemicals, tools, and equipment.
- Load and unload customer spare parts and materials such as consoles, tires and any loose items. In addition, keep these items stored and organized until customer delivery.
- Assist with various defect punch list items that may require rework and/or minor repairs.
- Cut and install all rib rubber, dry deck and grip tape on the module.
- Clean, with high attention to detail, the interior, exterior and all compartments of the vehicle’s cab and module.
- Make sure the detail process has been done to perfection and that the vehicle is ready for final inspection prior to the vehicle being delivered to customers.
- Work accurately, and respectfully at all times.
- Follow instructions as given by management.
What's it like to be a part of the Frazer Family?
Frazer is a fast-paced company that is creating some of the most innovative vehicles in the world. You'll find a unique team of individuals who continue to push the boundaries of what is possible in the Healthcare and EMS space. A diverse team, a great culture, and a positive work environment are just some of the things that make working at Frazer so rewarding.
A True Culture
Frazer is a company that relies on its core values and the drive of its people. With a focus on longevity and employee success, Frazer welcomes its employees to push the envelope and drive improvement across all aspects of the company. At Frazer, you can unleash your potential!
What Kind of Employees Thrive at Frazer?
Frazer is a company with a diverse group of employees from all over the world. Frazer welcomes employees with all types of backgrounds, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds. If you are hard working, honest and drug-free, you will love working at Frazer.
Safety & Drug Policy
Employee health and safety is a priority here at Frazer. We're committed to providing a safe, secure and productive environment for our Frazer family.
To help with this, we perform thorough background checks during the hiring process for all candidates. Convictions will not disqualify you from employment at Frazer, but failure to tell us about it up front will. Also, Frazer has a zero tolerance drug use policy and you must pass a pre-employment drug screen. If you can’t pass it, we’re not the place for you.
Employee Driven Benefits
At Frazer, we take pride in listening to what our employees want in benefits. With our "What You Want" committee, we've come up with a unique set of employee benefits and designed them around our culture.
- Weekly paycheck, so you can shop every Friday!
- Health Care Insurance (100% paid for by the company for all employees)
- Dental Benefit options
- 401k plan with a company match!
- Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off that begins accruing your first day of employment
- Eight paid company holidays and ability to take time off during company shut down from Christmas to New Year’s Day!
- The “Company Kitchen” on site for lunch and snack choices
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Professional development and skills training
- Free Life Skills Training such as financial wellness classes
How Performance is Evaluated
Communication and collaboration are key at Frazer and we encourage an environment filled with positive feedback and constructive criticism, to unleash your potential for real professional growth! We use things like self-evaluations, group reviews, and quarterly check-ins to help define a clear path to success. You will also have an opportunity to give feedback to peers to help them to grow in their roles as well.
Skills (to Pay the Bills)
Here's a list of a few skills that the Detailer at Frazer should have…
- Apply active listening skills to understand company needs.
- Able to explain findings in a positive manner that will help promote continuous improvement.
- Able to meet deadlines and tasks in accordance with the production schedule.
- Capable of communicating with easy to understand language.
- Calmly address concerns while performing the tasks at hand.
- Demonstrate accuracy with computer software to include documents, spreadsheets, and other business programs.
- Completing detailer tasks while ensuring they are flawless and meet company standards.
- Demonstrating safety throughout your day to day practices by being aware of your surroundings while climbing on and around the vehicle.
- Capable of accepting team and company feedback to help drive improvement.
- Able to work in inclement weather when needed.
- May be required to work around other departments in order to meet job order delivery dates.
Also, here are a few software packages that the Detailer would eventually need to be versed in. Don’t worry . . . we expect some on-the-job training.
- Google G-Suite (Gmail, Documents, Drive, Spreadsheets, etc.)
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems
Oh, and $alary
Of course, we didn't forget salary… Frazer offers competitive pay and this role will start with a salary between $12.00 - $17.00/hour, depending on education and experience.
If this sounds like a great opportunity to you, visit our website to complete the following steps:
- Online application
- Culture Index survey - the survey will be emailed to the email address provided in your application. Please check your spam box if unable to find the link in your email.
We look forward to hearing from you!