Are you a proactive, assertive, and take charge person? Are you impatient and quick to act? Do you possess the ability to think ahead and like to move forward to attain goals that are of value to you? Do you have communication skills that allow you to build relationships with customers and allows you to work with them to overcome issues they may be having with their EMS vehicles?
Do you love being faced with an issue that requires troubleshooting and planning to meet delivery promised dates. Do you take pride in motivating and training teams to safely produce high quality work that is delivered on time to exacting specifications?
Do you have a knack for planning ahead to determine the materials and resources needed to meet completion goals? Are you always looking for ways to eliminate waste and make things more efficient? Would you be excited about a career in repairing and supporting cool vehicles that are certified as ambulances and mobile clinics to make a real impact on people's lives?
If this sounds like you, then we need to talk…
Frazer, a leading builder of emergency medical vehicles, is currently seeking a seasoned, qualified Service Shop Supervisor with experience in the mobile service support industry to be accountable for any and all customer support needs that include warranty, parts ordering, service repair, and technical support.
The Service Shop Supervisor at Frazer reports to the VP of Quality and Service and works directly with the Safety, Sales, Engineering, Supply Chain, and other Frazer teams to ensure that Customer Orders are completed safely and on time while reducing the customer’s down time, and minimizing both quality defects and total labor hours required.
What Does a Week in the Life of the Service Shop Supervisor Look Like?
- Help drive and implement a safety culture and mindset first and foremost.
- Maintain accountability and achievable action plans across all support teams.
- Delegate effectively to maximize the best use of talent and resources available.
- Work creatively to resolve issues, overcome obstacles, and meet service support goals.
- Monitor and adjust daily work schedules as needed to hit delivery dates.
- Manage safety equipment (PPE) and tools to include maintenance and inspection logs.
- Ensure teams have the personnel, tools, supplies, and job-specific materials they need.
- Work collaboratively with both external customers, internal customers, and vendors/partners.
- Schedule and coordinate outsourced projects as well as internal resources.
- Research and implement process improvements with documentation and training.
- Train and mentor others on best practices related to giving the customer the best experience possible.
- Monitor and effectively manage all service expenses and resources.
- Train, coach and mentor team members to include responsibility for structured reviews, compensation increases, disciplinary actions, and hiring/firing decisions.
What's it like to be a part of the Frazer Family?
Frazer is a fast-paced company that is creating some of the most innovative vehicles in the world. You'll find a unique team of individuals who continue to push the boundaries of what is possible in the Healthcare and EMS space. A diverse team, a great culture, and a positive work environment are just some of the things that make working at Frazer so rewarding.
A True Culture
Frazer is a company that relies on its core values and the drive of its people. With a focus on longevity and employee success, Frazer welcomes its employees to push the envelope and drive improvement across all aspects of the company. At Frazer, you can unleash your potential!
Employee Driven Benefits
At Frazer, we take pride in listening to what our employees want in benefits. With our "What You Want" committee, we've come up with a unique set of employee benefits and designed them around our culture.
- Health Care Insurance (100% paid for by the company for all employees)
- Dental Benefit options
- 401k plan with a company match!
- Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off that begins accruing your first day of employment
- The “Company Kitchen” on site for lunch and snack choices
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Professional development and skills training
(e.g., Global Coatings Manufacturer Training)
- Free Life Skills Training such as financial wellness classes
How Performance is Evaluated
Communication and collaboration are key at Frazer and we encourage an environment filled with positive feedback and constructive criticism, to unleash your potential for real professional growth! We use things like self-evaluations, group reviews, and quarterly check-ins to help define a clear path to success. You will also have an opportunity to give feedback to peers to help them to grow in their roles as well.
Skills (to Pay the Bills)
Here's a list of a few skills that the Service Shop Supervisor at Frazer should have...
- Strong Communication Skills
- Good computer skills
- Normal color vision
- Experience and knowledge of industry best practices in automotive/fleet paint processes
- Stellar Problem Solving & Critical Thinking Skills
- Strong Attention to Detail
- A Self Starter and diligent Project Manager
- Passionate about Collaboration
Also, here are a few software packages that the Service Shop Supervisor would eventually need to be versed in. Don’t worry . . . we expect some on-the-job training.
- Google G-Suite (Gmail, Documents, Drive, Spreadsheets, etc.)
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems
- Shop Floor control systems
Oh, and $alary
Of course, we didn't forget salary… Frazer offers competitive pay and this role will start with a salary between $60,000 - $75,000 depending on education and experience.