Wires, assembles and installs electrical and electronic components such as main junction and terminal boxes, main control switch panels, and instrument and radio panels, according to specifications,
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Wires, assembles and installs electrical and electronic components such as main junction and terminal boxes, main control switch panels, and instrument and radio panels, according to specifications, using jig boards, hand tools, and equipment.
- Cuts wires to specified lengths using wire cutters as needed.
- Cuts plastic sleeves and slips sleeves over wire ends to insulate connections.
- Twists, wraps, ties, crimps and attaches wire to terminal points, according to unit specifications, using soldering gun and handtools.
- Connects wiring to accessories, such as relays, circuit breakers, plugs, condensers, switches, and solenoids, and installs accessory assemblies in electrical or electronic units, using soldering gun and handtools.
- Performs other relevant wire termination processes.
- Uses a tape measure, wire stripper, power drill, and other various hand and power tools, as needed.
- Reads, understands and relies on work orders, electrical prints, specifications and instructions as well as pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures to ensure parts are assembled per instructions for proper appearance and function.
- Assists in training electrical assemblers at all skill levels.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as required.