Provide support for the Accounting Department in the areas of A/R, Collections, A/P, financial analysis and month end review. This person will provide outstanding service to our internal and external customers by establishing and following processes that will enable the accounting team to be successful.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration (preferred)
- 1-2 years experience in a similar role
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft excel or googlesheets
Schedule: 7 am - 4:30 pm Monday-Thursday, 7 am - 11 am Friday. (Schedule can be negotiated, but must be able to work during the core hours of 8 am - 3:30 pm, Monday - Thursday & half day on Friday).
Substantial Departmental Goal:
Improve the perception that both internal and external customers have of Frazer and the accounting department by joyfully, courteously, and efficiently handling day-to-day operations while actively living out Frazer's Core Values
Obstacles to overcome:
- Learning how to navigate systems. (Syteline, Bill.com, Quickbooks)
- Ensuring every interaction you have with vendors, customers and employees is prompt, helpful, positive, and professional.
- Learning & understanding the big picture and how the day-to-day tasks of this role impacts the company.
- Learning & following established processes and procedures. Establishing new procedures if none are in place.
- Producing quality work.
- Ability to manage time and responsibilities while working in a dynamic environment.
- Learning/Training (sometimes) without existing, incomplete, outdated and/or standard work instructions.
- Working in a department where the structure is a work-in-progress.
- Applying accounting principles to current processes.
Actions that need to be taken:
- Actively live out Frazer Core Values while working with Frazer employees, vendors, and customers to help achieve team, department, and corporate goals.
- Learn and reinforce safe and proper work procedures while actively following Frazer Safety programs and other policies outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Actively pursue enhancements/improvements by first learning a process or procedure, then recommending changes to improve effectiveness or efficiency.
- Learn how to navigate systems you will be working in.
- Respond to vendor and customer inquiries by phone, email, in person.
- Accurately enter data into databases or appropriate files.
- Work with purpose.
- Follow instructions and take notes.
- Ask questions when unsure.
- Apply an organized approach to your day-to-day work.
Results that need to be measured:
- Accuracy of data entry.
- Timeliness of work completion.
- Quantity processed.
- Accounts Payable:
- Vouch vendor invoices into ERP for payment.
- Contact vendor for issues, review vendor statements and request invoice copies.
- Prepare payables listing for payment via credit or check.
- Cut and mail checks to vendors
- Manage electronic vendor invoice files.
- Review “Received Not Invoiced” Report in an attempt to ensure timely payments.
- Work with purchasing department to correct pricing/quantity issues on purchase orders.
- Reconcile monthly credit card and bank statements.
- Accounts Receivable:
- Process invoices for service, parts and units completed.
- Review invoices to customers prior to sending to ensure they are accurate and timely.
- Email and/or mail invoices and statements to customers.
- Record customer payments and prepare deposit.
- Monitor A/R Aging and manage customer collection interactions
- Other Accounting Responsibilities:
- Assist with various month-end tasks. (Review expense accounts, reconcile statements, accruals and prepaids).
- Provide data for external reports to various agencies
- Assist in annual financial statement audit. Provide data samples to auditors.
- Work with the department on group projects. Be willing to hold teammates accountable.
- Review and approve Journal entries. Ensure entries are properly recorded.
- Review and enter monthly expense reports.