What Does a Shop Helper do at Frazer?
The Shop Helper deburrs, grinds, files, or sands surfaces of metal parts. Safely and effectively remove burrs and sharp edges on parts, paying close attention not to damage tight tolerance and critical surfaces.
What are our Shop Helpers expected to do?
- Examine surface of metal to detect defects such as dents, scratches, burrs or breaks in metal.
- Prepare surface of part and edges to specified finish.
- Polish metal surface and remove sharp edges on a variety of parts.
- Scribe parts and then blend to the scribe lines.
- Polish critical surfaces on parts by hand, machine, and small hand tools.
- Inspects own work.
- Provide feedback to CNC machinists in regard to part quality.
- Use all measuring and gauging instruments as required.
- Changes tools on powered equipment.
What's it like to be a part of the Frazer Family?
Frazer is a fast-paced company that is creating some of the most innovative vehicles in the world. You'll find a unique team of individuals who continue to push the boundaries of what is possible in the Healthcare and EMS space. A diverse team, a great culture, and a positive work environment are just some of the things that make working at Frazer so rewarding.
A True Culture
Frazer is a company that believes in its core values and the drive of its people. With a focus on longevity and employee success, Frazer welcomes its employees to push the envelope and drive improvement across all aspects of the company. At Frazer, you can unleash your potential!
Employee Driven Benefits
At Frazer, we take pride in listening to what our employees want with benefits. With our "What You Want" committee, we've come up with a unique set of employee benefits and designed them around our culture.
- Health Care Insurance (100% paid for by the company for all employees)
- Dental Benefit options
- 401k plan with a company match!
- Disability Insurance
- The “Company Kitchen” on site for lunch and snack choices
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Free Life Skills Training such as financial wellness classes
How Performance is Evaluated
Communication and collaboration is key at Frazer and we encourage an environment filled with positive feedback and constructive criticism, to unleash your potential for real professional growth! We use things like self evaluations, group reviews, and quarterly check-ins to help define a clear path to success. You will also have an opportunity to give feedback to peers to help them to grow in their roles as well.