The Account Executive (AE) is responsible for daily contact between the agency and client accounts. The AE interfaces with various agency departments to move projects through on behalf of the client. This includes meeting with the account manager/supervisor for important media and account planning, the creative director concerning creative issues and input, the public relations director concerning publicity, the production manager concerning scheduling and timing, and other account executives as needed for client support.
The AE has major input in developing strategic marketing plans for their clients. After plans are developed and presented to clients, the AE is responsible for carrying out the plan on a daily basis.
The AE is also responsible for gaining new business from existing clients. S/he is not a salesperson; s/he is a service person. The AE will not be asked to cold canvas for new business.
• Handles day-to-day activities for assigned clients.
• Keeps apprised of the progress of clients’ projects through production and traffic managers or other relevant personnel.
• Effectively presents, sells and defends all agency work/proposals to clients; supports other client service team members in these functions.
• Keeps apprised of clients’ brands/products/services/marketing developments.
• Assists in preparing client invoices, proposals, marketing communications and strategic marketing plans, media and public relations plans.
• Regularly checks for and responds promptly to all client communications, including calls, faxes, and emails.
• Oversees execution of approved programs.
• Checks and approves creative/production materials, copy, layouts, and production art, and coordinates client approval.
• Reviews billing prior to release to clients with account manager/supervisor or agency staff as assigned.
• Informs account manager/supervisor regularly of account progress for all assigned clients; involves account manager/supervisor immediately in event of potential problems, i.e., client or agency relations, budget overruns, etc.
• Coordinates project timing and budgets with all relevant agency personnel.
• Actively seeks additional projects/new business from current clients.
• Keeps account manager/supervisor and account assistant informed of client activities.
• Represents agency at industry and community functions.
• All other duties as needed
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent leadership abilities
- Analytical, decision-making and project management skills
- Ability to develop lasting professional relationships with clients
- Strong speaking skills
• Bachelor (4 year) degree is preferred.
• 2-5 years Account Executive experience in an agency setting is required.
• If no degree is possessed, then 4–6 years related experience in an agency setting is required.
• Must possess exceptional computer skills and be a strong conceptual thinker.