Framestore’s LA studio in Culver City is expanding our staff compositing leadership team, and are looking for compositing supervisors to join us in working on a broad range of high end content, including advertising, branding, film, episodic and immersive projects.
The compositing supervisor plays a key role in driving the compositing work on a project, overseeing the compositing team and the quality of the work. Working closely with the project’s visual effects supervisor, CG supervisor and producer the compositing supervisor communicates, supervises and delegates the compositing needs of the project(s) to the compositing team.
The compositing supervisor leads by example and maintains a hands on compositing role, but also takes on project specific duties including monitoring shot and overall project progress. The overall aim for the compositing supervisor is to build and lead a team that is motivated and enthusiastic, where there are opportunities for each compositor to learn, grow and produce great work.
Key to this role is an interest in working on a broad range and variety of projects, each with different challenges but all sharing the aim of producing the quality of work that Framestore is well known for.
This is a staff role, and visa and relocation will be provided if required to the right candidate.
- Lead and mentor a team of compositors on a broad range of specific projects
- Brief/mentor junior/mid/senior level talent and cast shots appropriately
- Take responsibility for the quality of the work of the team as a whole
- Hands on compositing shots and sequences to a finished standard
- Work proactively and collaboratively with all other VFX and support departments
- Work closely with the production team to bid and schedule work
- Attend client reviews and lead daily reviews with the compositing team
- On set VFX supervision for (but not limited to) 2D based projects
- Balance the creative and technical aspects of each shot/sequence
- Solve any difficult technical and artistic compositing challenges
- Colour pipeline management and 2D workflow as it integrates with DI, CG and DMP
- Critical eye for detail and a beautiful compositing showreel
- Deep understanding of film VFX processes and pipeline
- 8+ years experience in compositing across a wide variety of content including film, advertising, episodic and commercials
- Expert user of Nuke plus other compositing software
- Able to work well under pressure
- Proven artist management and leadership skills
- Experience recruiting and building up a 2D team
- Highly organised
- Solid negotiation skills
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with other departments
- Lighting photography core skills
- On set VFX supervision experience
Framestore is proud to employ extraordinary talent across all genders, races, nationalities, religions, ages, abilities and sexual preferences. We aim to encourage and support all of our current and future employees to achieve their potential. No job applicant will receive less favourable treatment on any basis when applying for a career with us.