Framestore is currently looking for a highly talented and creative undergraduate student to join our 2019 Launchpad intern scheme. The Internship will give the successful applicant a unique opportunity to become an important member of the technical team and gain valuable experience working for one of the largest and most respected visual effects and computer animation studios in Europe.
Pipeline Technical Directors and Software Engineers are responsible for writing and maintaining workflow tools for use on high-end visual effects projects.
What you will be doing:
- Assist our Engineers in writing pipeline tools and further developing the pipeline for use across Framestore
- Develop CG tools and software used by our artists across Film, TV & Commerical projects
- To complete documentation of your development and updating as necessary
- Ongoing research to recommend improvements to workflows in order to improve productivity or communication
- Problem-solving abilities
- Studying a degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Academic knowledge of Linux, C++ or Python, Maya and Nuke
- Visual effects production experience
If you are entering the final year of your degree then you will have the opportunity to join the internship scheme. As a placement student, you will be exposed to a wide range of work and will be given a real-life view of what a career with Framestore would be like. Your learning will be through a combination of hands-on experience, scheduled presentations, a pre-agreed personal project and informal get-togethers. You will have the opportunity to learn first-hand what a career in post-production would be like.
Whichever area you end up working in you will be given a real taste of what it's like to work at Framestore. You will work alongside other placement students and many talented and experienced artists on live and interesting projects.
The 2019 intern scheme will run from the 1st of July 2019 until the 23rd of August 2019 and is only available to students who have the right to work in the UK.
We will be closing for applications on Sunday the 5th of May 2019.
Framestore is proud to employ extraordinary talent across all genders, races, nationalities, religions, ages, abilities and sexual preferences. We aim to encourage and support all of our current and future employees to achieve their potential. No job applicant will receive less favourable treatment on any basis when applying for a career with us.